Question for All PHX Members

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by martinman, Feb 8, 2009.

1. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    All,

I have a question, or some advice, for all of you guys that have lived in the Phoenix area for some time.

My mom and dad will be coming into town (Flagstaff) on Friday. My dad has never been to Phoenix before or seen anthing similar to the south part of the state. They want to go down to Phoenix and see some stuff, but don't know really what to see that might be sightseeing oriented. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have thought about us leaving Flagstaff and going down through Payson and taking Hwy 260 into Mesa. This is somewhat scenic, but I don't have any ideas once we get there.

My dad hates to fish, so that is out of the question...now you will know why my dad and I didn't get a long when I was younger.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Ryan

2. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Ryan, You can thank about Rawhide at Wild Horse Pass in Chandler. I have always had a good time when I went there with the family. You may also thank about going to the town of Cave Creek, Old western setting with lots of shops and art work. You can make a all day thing at both places.
    Have a good time, Later Bill

3. KEVINLEW

KEVINLEW New Member

State:
    ARIZONA
    IF YOU GO TO PAYSON HEAD TOWARDS ROOSEVELT AND TAKE THE OLD APACHE TRAIL TO CANYONLAKE IT'S ALL DIRT ROAD BUT YOU WANT SIGHTS AND BACK ROADS? THIS IS GODS COUNRTY BUDDY!