Question For All Hunters

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by field989, Aug 3, 2006.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    ok when u are hunting and lets say u see a good deer that u want to harvest..

do u say stuff like common buddy just one more foot or common bud just turn just a hair...

either under your breath or say it in your mind..

lol

I KNOW I DO WHEN I HUNT FOR ANYTHING

i think/speak really quietly.... common buddy just a little more or somethin like that

just the way i am i guess....

I also do it when i catfish or fish for anything for that matter....
    lets say i get a good hit but no hookset i think/say common just come over and pick it up or some thin like that lol

Jeff

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Who don't ........... LOL

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    That is just part of the thrill of the hunt or catch that gets your heart pumping and you go on point. When someone loses that feeling its time to quit and find a new hobby.

4. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Ok Come On Babyyyy Swallow that thangggg. Ummm i'm refering to fishing... But of course.... Wouldn't be hunting/fishing if ya weren't enjoying it.

5. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    haha one time i said come on get out from that tree....and the deer heard me and took off lol

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I tried not to but it never fails something always slipped out. I would purposly make a small noise to get a buck to turn are stop if he was not in a good position to shoot. I have long given up hunting though.

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Im really relaxed when Im on stand and usually Im happy just watching what happens. If I move its to take aim and if I talk the deers already down.
    Though I did have a PMF that scared off a young buck one time.

Now fishing is another story, Im always flapping my gums.

8. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    who DOESNT! i LOVE to say stuff like that. only common buddy, ifn yea move another hair, ill shoot your wife with yea LMAO!:lol:

9. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    Sure I say all those things, but usually after I pull the trigger I'm beggin STOP STOP STOP STOP!!!!! :cool2:

10. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    It's ok to do it, just don't go around telling folks you talk to yourself, if you know what I mean. They might get the wrong idea, and make an appointment with a "shrink" for ya. That is, unless they do the same thing. Then it's ok. Jack.

11. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    The only two problems are when you answer yourself, or something answers back. I talk out loud to myself sometimes and still no one listens.

12. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Only cause they done smell, seen, or heard you Solomon.

13. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    lmao! And I thought I was the only one....:roll_eyes:

-Red

14. AllenM

AllenM Guest

I think my most common phrase when fishing is "C'mon, dude! Take one more taste... I DARE ya!" That's generally after something starts tapping at my bait.

15. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    as far as fishin goes, i talk to the fish all the time, if i get a good hit and set that sucker, ill be a hootin and hollerin lmao. they say the water reflects 99.9% of the sound from the air.

when it comes to huntin, i get dead silent, dead silent. words dont make sense in my head anymore, its just pure adrenaline

16. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I pretty much do what you do Jeff. I do that with Ducks too. I tell them to come work the decoys. lol.

17. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    this year Im starting my mantra when shooting my bow "kiss my nose good bye". meaning anchor the kisser button, put nose on string and say goodbye to the arrow. Im tired of buck fever and missing when shooting my bow. I shoot great at targets but blow the shot when it counts. if im repeating my mantra I'll keep my mind off the rack and more on my shot.

18. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Oh yeah...Come on, just a little more...easy..quiet.
    But sometimes when you've sat for HOURS & not seen anything, you ever feel like hollering, "OH COME ON!!! I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE!!""??

19. fireball

fireball New Member

State:
    georgia
    Yeah, I always say, "now you go back and bring your daddy", cause all I see is little ones. :roll_eyes:

20. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yes, i do that. i believe that is what makes people get so nervous and sometimes get buck fever.