Question about using multiple rods in Virginia

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bsites9, Jun 26, 2009.

1. bsites9

bsites9 New Member

State:
    Va
    Sorry guys, but i've searched the Department of Game and Inlet Fisheries website up and down, and can't find anything on using more than one rod. Does anyone know if I can have more than one rod per person in the water at a time. I know you CAN'T for trout, but have no idea for catfish. thanks guys.

2. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah it always seems to me whenever I read any of the rules from the wildlife and fisheries it seems to be written in chinese..I don't know how they expect people to understand all that mumbo jumbo..I'm sure someone will have the answer for you..

3. bsites9

bsites9 New Member

State:
    Va
    hope so, going tomorrow night and plan on using several lines

4. bsites9

bsites9 New Member

State:
    Va
  5. BARathke

BARathke New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
  6. bsites9

bsites9 New Member

State:
    Va
    dont really have time for that now, i'm leaving this evening.

7. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Depends on where you are fishing. Tidal waters, non tidal waters have different amounts of rods you can fish. Tidal james river we have had 10 out. Not sure if you can have more or not. The upper potomac river through virginia you have to follow maryland regs and are only allowed 3 per person. Lower potomac that borders virginia is 10 on a boat. We usually fish on boats and that is what we have always used. Now Im not sure if on the tidal sections it 5 per person or 10s the limit on a boat. Hope this helps you some. Other waters I am not sure about as these are the only 2 places I have fish through virginia. Good luck!