Question about the bases

Discussion in 'MONSTER ROD HOLDERS' started by KatKaller, Jan 12, 2010.

1. KatKaller

KatKaller New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I was wondering if someone (Steve) could elaborate on the 360 bases. What are they made of? Are they aluminum and carbon steel or stainless steel? I would really like to outfit my boat with some of these holders and bases except I am worried about rust. All steel will rust no matter what, but to make it worse I use my boat in saltwater, and in the Atlantic I have seen anything less than 316 SS rust to bits.

I know there would be a smaller market but I would love to get some SS holders and bases. The extra $$ would be worth it.

2. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    The 360 swivel bases are Constructed of high grade aluminum. Being in salt water you could cover the bases with the weather guards for added protection. I am sure Steve will chim in and give you more info

3. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    the 360 bases are constructed of 60/61 alum. we are working on a S.S. stem version for you salt water guys!

thanks

steve

4. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    Hey Allen!!!!you can't go wrong with these rod holders...I have a couple on my boat and love them!!!!!

5. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yeah Allen.......you better getcha some Monsters...........you need them with the Hawgs you've been catching lately....do you have a pick of the 86 with any background scenery....if so PM it my way.:smile1::smile1:

6. KatKaller

KatKaller New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hey Steve that would be great if you had a SS version, I am sure I could get some folks back home to give them some extensive saltwater testing too. Unfortunately I haven't seen the 360 bases up close, are they spring loaded? (Just worried about a spring rusting out. Keep me posted! Thanks.

You're right Mike I really need a set for the front and the back. I have been in the market for quite some time for holders but as you catmen know it's kind of a nitch thing and hard to find equipment just for our sport. I've been hearing good things about the Monster's so I figured I'd post and see if SS holders were a possibility.

Mike, I don't have any other picks, especially of the background....heck it was dark...LOL want the GPS coordinates? :smirk: I've just gotten lucky a few times lately.

Allen

7. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Allen.....I was just kiddin with ya....and you have plenty of skill and know how to back up that luck with.

8. KatKaller

KatKaller New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks for the complement. Seriously though we need to go fishing together some time.

9. jayhawkokie

jayhawkokie New Member

State:
    Grand Lake Oklahoma
    If you want stainless steel bases for your rod holders check to see if you have a good local machine shop. If they are worth their salt they would be able to set up and make you some in no time at all.

Just a suggestion.