Question about Springfield Armory pistol

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by Katfish Kern, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    I bought a Springfield Armory pistol a few years ago from a buddy in a jam. I only gave a couple hundred dollars for it. But I cant find a true value for the pistol anywhere it seems. It is a .45 cal acp. the slide reads "MODEL OF 1911-A1 CAL .45" I have found many different Springfield 45's but I cant find alisting for this paticular model. Can anyone help???? Please look at attached photo:

Attached Files:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Seth,My GUN TRADERS GUIDE 28th Edition lists it at from$999 for NIB condition down to $474 for Good condition.

3. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    the weapon in the picture is a Springfield Armory 1911 A-1 Custom. typical price range for this type of weapon is around 800 but can go as high as 2100 bucks. they are definately a good weapon and i would hold onto it if i were you. the military used this model for decades, until they adopted the wussy Baretta M-9 (9mm). the main reason the military switched was because the 9mm has a higher round capacity (15+1 vs. 7+1) and also because not everyone could control the recoil of the 1911's .45 ACP round. the weapon you possess is definately a higher end version with the lightweight trigger and hammer. you also probably have tridium sights. you got quite a weapon for what you paid for it. congratulations. if you ever want to part with it let me know, i will take it off of your hands
    http://www.springfield-armory.com/custom.php

4. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    Thanks Richard..I really appreciate it. Good to hear from you.

5. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    thank for all the help man, I really appreciate it.

GO VOLS

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I like springfields ive been a fan of them for awhile.I have one for a ccw its the V-10 series,its ported and a little smaller then the normal size 1911 because its for carrying.Thats a nice one you got to sounds like you got a heak of a deal.

7. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    You have one hell of a 1911 there! The guy you bought it from took a serious beating on it selling it for a couple hundred bucks. How does she shoot for you? I'll take a .45 over a 9mm anyday!

8. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    Thanks man, the gun shoots great. I have been a glock guy for a while, just because of the size. But I love to shoot this gun, the trigger pull is so low you can dump the mag before you know it.

9. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    1911's can have the nicest Trigger pulls!!!
    Sounds like you got a Smokin' deal on a great pistol..