Question about solar collector lines

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by CatfishHateMe, Nov 27, 2006.

1. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    anyone wanna tell me how that solar collector bright green line works? i bought a few spools of berkley big game hi-vis green to give it a try. but not exactly sure what its for:tounge_out:

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

It is just the color that is easier to see day are night. As for how it works a lot of guys use it and I do not remember seeing any complaints.

3. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Jayson, I use the High Vis Green as well as the neon blue Berkley Big Game. I like it alot better than the darker green, it's alot easier to see and keep track of. I fish eight rods - I spool 4 with the hi vis green and 4 with the neon blue. When I set up I alternate the colors in the rod holders and it helps me determine at a glance which lines I need to take in when fighting a fish to avoid having him cross me up.

Bottom line - good line, it's all I use.

BTW, I'm originally from Illinois, just across the border from T.H. west on I70. Joined the Navy in 89, looking forward to moving back to the midwest (Gods Country) when I retire.

4. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    yep, its pretty good country around here, nice huntin and fishin. onlything is the citys are gettin to big. i wanna move out father towards the state line and so do the folks but its not exactly that easy:tounge_out:

5. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Is that neon blue Berkley Big Game flourescent do you know?

6. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    The neon blue isn't florescent. Berkley calls it Electric Blue...looking at a spool. Its good for daytime fishing where you run more than one line. I use the solar green, the blue, clear, and the photo chromatic (its pinkish). Helps me remember which line is which and also with drift fishing.

7. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I use the solar green with a blacklight and it shows up decent. Not as well as true flourescent though. But I was looking for another color than green. What about that photo color, you ever seen what that looks like under a blacklight?

8. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I"ve never put it under a black light or used it yet for night fishing. I can say that the solar green is the best of the Big Games for bank fishing at night, shows up real well in the head lamp.