Question about Santee Lakes

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Ghost River, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Does anybody know if duck hunting is permitted on the lakes during the season? If so are there any special regulations that go along with Marion and Moultrie suck as Refuge area's that are off limits, that sort of thing? My brother is ther right now and said the fishing is very spotty. They've caught a few in the upper lake but spend most of there time scouting places they can still get into with the low water. He said "the fishing ain't nothing to get excited about but BLEEP you ought to see the ducks in this place?":smile2: WE may have to go back next weekend for some casting and gunning if it's permitted. Thanks.

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Colt there are alot of places you can duck hunt and some that you cannot. If I were you I would call the local DNR office and have a map of santee to mark were you can and cant. I was on Moultrie today and say alot of Gadwall some Ringnecks and a few Mallards. I hope this helps.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    what james said.... Lots of folks duck hunt up there, but I understand that this season requires every hunter to bring their own water to float the boat.:wink:

4. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    That's a good one!:smile2:

5. rookietocatfish

rookietocatfish New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I agree with that one not much water around here:smile2: