Question about Santee Cooper

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by catfish_girl, Oct 9, 2008.

1. catfish_girl

catfish_girl New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey Guys! I will be in Santee this weekend and we are staying at Randolph's Landing. Is this a good place to stay\fish? Do you know of anywhere that is renting Pontoon boats? I read the lake levels are down so I just wanted to check. Anyone have any tips for a novice catfishing girl? Last time I went we stayed at the state park and I used Salties and cut them in half...really didn't have any luck, only caught two little catfish. I am really wanting to catch a decent sized one or alot (not a picky girl) so any help will be much appreciated!:wink:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    welcome to the BOC this site is full of good info and great people!

i have never fished over there, but I am sure your post will get plenty of attention!! Good luck

3. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    Randolph's usually rents pootoon boats. The pier at Randolph's is a good place to fish if you can't get a boat. I'll be out there fishing Saturday on the lake and I will be on VHF 74. (FISH HUNTER) GOOD LUCK! P.S. Try to get some gizzard shad for bait!

4. catfish_girl

catfish_girl New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks for the info. I can't wait. I hope this weekend is better than last...but just being there is good enough!

5. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Good Luck!

6. red1691

red1691 New Member

State:
    Meldrim, Ga.
    Best of luck to you, hope you catch some nice ones!:wink: Let us know how you do and how you do it:smile2:! Takin the kids to my sisters next weekend at Goat Island, on Taw Caw finger of Santee.:cool2:

7. catfish_girl

catfish_girl New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Didn't have much luck. Saturday was horrible weather, took the pontoon out and felt like we were on the ocean. Fished over near Mill Creek Landing, kept getting hung up and with the wind, rain, and the waves we really had a hard time. Saturday night we went back to Randolphs landing, couldn't fish on the pier cause there was a bunch of folks out there so we fished off the damn for a couple hours. NO LUCK :( So we called it a night. Sunday we went to public access in Santee and then to the State park, I caught a 16 1/2 bass.. not intentionally but at that point any fish was welcome. I got the fever though...already planning the next trip. Think we will take a guide next time just so we can get familiar with fishing that lake system and for them big cats :)

8. red1691

red1691 New Member

State:
    Meldrim, Ga.
    Hi Devon, Sorry that you did not catch many Fish:sad2: but that weather can mess up a goot thing sometimes! At least you cought something, a Bass 16 1/2 lbs. or in. eather way nice size. You might want to check out WWW.santeecajunguide.com She keeps up dated info. and pics. on there for folks to see. So we can dream of catchin a good mess. Hope next time will be better!!:cool2:

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Devon Welcome to the BOC/SOC, from So. Illinois. Good luck on your fishing trip.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

10. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC.

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC Devon. Check out Santee with Roundhill if you are looking for a great guide that can put you on the big fish. He is a partner guide here on the BOC and is offering a year end 10% discount for BOC members. Give him a call you will be satisfied.

12. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Excellent advice James! Oh, and welcome to the BOC Devon. Let us know about your next trip.