Question about Rabon Lake off 252 in Laurens

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by sarSWAMPFOX, Jul 16, 2007.

1. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    My brother Russ just walked in while I was online, and ask me about a lake that we have a job going on at. Turns out to be Rabon Lake. We are going to be working there for awhile. So the question is, are there any good catfishing on this lake, are there any special rules one should know? I told him I know who to ask, so I'm asking the BOC. Any help would be appreciated,Thanks.

2. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I know the lake isnt very old ani I think there is a motor size or a permit you need not sure but it seems like someone told me one or the other once cause I done a job for a man that lived on the lake and he told me something but not sure what it was. sorry.

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yep they have motor restrictions and a permit is required for boat fishing...they have a fishing pier at the boat ramp and there's an office at the boat ramp as well...most times it has someone working there so you can ask all your questions to them...i was told by one of the office workers that rabon has good catfish it just needs catfisherman...good luck and let us know how you make out.

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Theres suppossedly flatheads in there too.At least thats what the warden at the ramp said one day.

5. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Well Russ is gonna be down there I know the rest of this week. I'll tell him to check about the office at the boat ramp. You know it's hard some times to work that close to a body of water and not be able to fish. Just watching all those boats going by, and seeing two figures in a boat stand, one grabbing the rod and the other grabbing the net. There ought to be a labor law against such actions. LOL Thanks for the info guys.

6. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Is this lake near boyds mill pond.