Question about possible trip to TN

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Shimano, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Im just curious about what the TN locals think. If I were to plan a winter trip to TN for big blues, what river/river section/or reservior would you reccomend. Im from NC so take that into consideration when answering being that I would like to drive the shortest distance possible to get to the bigguns!

2. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    just pick a place lol ,iam not from tenn but fish around wheeler and most will tell that they are there i have caught several .hope this helps if you need some one to go with give me a hollar ,and they have a state park joe wheeler that has some very nice cabins for 65.00 a night cleaner than a motel boat ramp and all. 1-256-685-3306

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    The closest place to NC is probably Chickamauga lake on the TN River, which is NE of Chattanooga.

4. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Shane, probably somewhere in East Tennessee along the Tenn. River system.

5. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I looked at Chickamauga on the map. I think I like it. I would like to make it a double dipper and hit Ft. Loudon or Watts Bar for some linesides fishing too.

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    The Chick has been hot all winter for the most part. Above the dam at the nuke plant is a good place to start. I was at watts the other day but not fishing and some of the guys there said they had been having good fishing but no record breakers.
    Now if you want some good locations around chick then look up EricM on here and PM him. I swear that man has a built in sonar in his head.

7. Ricky Dills

Ricky Dills New Member

State:
    Corryton, Tenne
    ERICis the man he is a cat slayer in the cold weather he is king I"M gonna go to the chic soon after this cold stuff leaves out cant put in on a frozen boat ramp :crazy: it is freezing here

8. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I dont fish in cold weather but I keep hearing fort loudon is producing some pretty good cats and if you want eaters you can lock through to watts bar. there is an ethenol plant on the river about 2 miles below the dam. they off load corn from barges there. that area is loaded with mostly eaters feeding on corn. corn fed catfish sure is great eating.

9. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Ive lived in Tn all my life and caught a bunch of good blues but never anything big in the tn river anyone have any ideas around cuba landing or new johnsonville:big_smile:

10. Ricky Dills

Ricky Dills New Member

State:
    Corryton, Tenne
    Hi man how ya doing we are fine you need to fish ft loudan or watts bar for monster blues it is full of them RICKY aka capt skibo

11. Ricky Dills

Ricky Dills New Member

State:
    Corryton, Tenne
    thank you for positive feed back

12. Ricky Dills

Ricky Dills New Member

State:
    Corryton, Tenne
    You need to fish east tenn on the tenn river