Question about on board chargers

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Brentkeele, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I have a blue top Optima powering most everything on my boat. I have a regular wet cell battery as my starting battery.

Will a two bank charger work with these two seperate types of batteries or do they both have to be the same?

2. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Im not an expert by any means, but i have a 3 banks....2 going to my deep cycles and 1 going to my starting battery. It seems to be doing fine. My alternator almost always keep the starter charged anyhow, but i have it there to top it off. Its a float charge so it wont overcharge or heat, the starter while the other 2 are still charging. mine is a Minn Kota 330 3 Bank.

3. It should work. The dual bank charger should sense the battery charging needs individually and apply as needed.

4. bobs bait

bobs bait New Member

State:
    north carolina
    am thinking it would work but call a company called dual pro and ask very good people good product but costly but you can find out then shop around i just had one quit but found out it was still under warranty bobbait

5. low desert jonathan

low desert jonathan New Member

State:
    California
    How hard is it to put a charger on to your boat? LDJ

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Brent it will work fine.

as for the other question How hard is it to put a charger on to your boat? LDJ It ain't hard at all.:wink: