Question about no roll sinkers

Discussion in 'Bank Fishing' started by LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN, Jan 4, 2010.

1. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Do you bank fishers use these,and if so,do you lose distance casting them?

I have never used one,always use eggs or river/teardrops.

Also,do they hold tight,or do they slide some if you try to lock em down tight?

2. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    hold well , cast as far ,they work well

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Keith,
    Yes they work well & cast great - I would use them (or Pyramid sinkers) when fishing in a river & the egg & teardrop sinkers when fishing in a lake or pond.
    :wink:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    They hold good. I went to using bank and disc sinkers with sinker slides from Wild wolf. I like being able to remove the weight when i'm done or just changing sizes.

5. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    they cast good and work great, theyre all i use anymore regardless of the waters im fishing

6. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use flat bank sinkers with a slide. I have no problem with the no rolls in regard to casting distance. I don't use them because I fish with power pro and I don't like the line sliding through the sinker, I always worry the line may become frayed. Good luck.

7. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    I personally only use teardrops & egg sinkers for bait fish, Otherwise I always use cannonball sinkers on the U B Fishin EZ Slide with a double snap swivel. So far I have only lost a few set ups in the really rocky channel where I have tried Stugeon fishin, didn't have enough on and the current pushed me into the rip rap at the edge of the channel.

8. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I just use egg and bank sinkers. They both get the bait out where I want it. Sizes I prefer/use are 4-5 oz.

9. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

They,re about all I use anymore,they hold and I don,t seem to lose any casting distance compared to an egg.

10. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    All I use are Cushion(Disk) sinkers and they cast further than any weight I've ever used. I use 1, 2 or 3 in lakes and 4-10 on rivers. If I fish in slack water on the river like hot water discharges or barge pitts then I use 2 or 3 oz also

11. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i like them very well... they hold better than an egg, because they arent round so the current doesnt push it sideways down stream. that is also why i like the flat banks compared to the regular bank sinkers. however after reading this thread i think i am going to get some sinker slides and try that technique some in the spring.

12. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I fish from boat about 95% of the time on the Ohio River. Only sinker I use,it's a real flexible sinker made in lots of different weights.

13. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Maybe it is just the places I fish but I have found no-rolls to not really do that much. I fish the Ohio River and its tributaries. I tend to use 8oz no rolls and it still seems to pick them up and move them without issues. There was pretty heavy current the other day and 2 8oz no-rolls together didn't even hold it down. I still use them, I'm sure they work better than egg sinkers but at least where I fish they don't stop the weight in it's tracks like it seems it would, at least when there is current pushing.

14. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    That means you need a heavier weight, LOL!!!

If the current is really smoking on the Mississippi River I have used 20 ouncers and couldn't hold bottom. The biggest no-rolls I have are only 16 ounces and they just aren't enough sometimes when the river is running fast.

Go BIGGER when required.

15. Circlehook Jester

Circlehook Jester New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I use the no-roll sinkers almost exclusively anymore. I have at times used good heavy bank sinkers when current is really going or using a larger live bait. Can't say one is better than the other, but I have really good luck staying put with the No-Rolls. My 2 cents.

16. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I only use no-roll and bank sinkers...I love both those sinkers...i want to try some flatbanks..But no-rolls hold GREAT and cast FAR and all around are GREAT sinkers!!!