question about ice fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by mr channel, Dec 9, 2005.

1. mr channel

mr channel New Member

State:
    sharpsville/kokomo Indiana
    has anyone been out in north central indiana and how thick is the ice??

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    we have 4in. + up hear on the bays brother. i havent ventured out on the main lakes yet but soon,if the snow dont screw things up. i know they are also on the ice at summit killin the gills! ill send you a private message to a place for info.

3. mr channel

mr channel New Member

State:
    thanks for the pm bro im thinkin about goin out tommorrow afternoon at greentown ill let ya know what happens

4. carp46755

carp46755 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Tim, When you going to go. I will bring the skips. Let me know

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    tomorow at hamilton lake carp! ill be callin ya tonight :D

6. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT New Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Fished summit yesterday and caught 40 nice gills up to 10 inches in cove.Ice was 7-8 inches thick.Fished about 4-5 hours with jig and wax worms.Tried whitewater state park the day before ice was only about 3 inches and we didnt get a bite.I like it to be at least 4 inches so i didnt move around alot.Love that ice fishin!!Bluegills in the skillet thats what im talkin about!!!

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yo riverrunt, i herd they was killin the crappie n perch over at grand lake st.merrys. you ever fish that res? if so they said windy piont and chickisaw creek or somthing like that was hot.

8. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT New Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    No Tim ive never fished st.marys but been by it a few times on my way up to kokomo.When i was at summit some guy mentioned the lake its probably close to two hours from columbus. Thanks for the info and id love to catch some perch.I can taste them now with some fried taters and a salad.Yummy.Indian Lake is close by also i have a friend that lives right on the lake.My cuz lives over in connersville and me and him fish alot.Im thinking about going back over and i just got back home.

9. mr channel

mr channel New Member

State:
    fished nyona and didnt get nothing ice was 7 inches thick but cracking to much for me so i went to greentown with my buddy and caught 10 keepers and 15 bait size blue gill they are biting but with the temps in the fourtys it will be unsafe to fish :eek:

10. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    channel, i think it will get cold before the ice gets bad enough to worry about it. we have a great base of ice up north still. the best thing about the temps is all the holes already open like last ice!

11. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    River Scum: You & T been catching anything?

12. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yes matt we have been catchin loads of bass. havent caught to many panfish though.

13. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Matt I take time off work to fish & River Scum starts working overtime :rolleyes:

14. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    I need to write a work plan this winter so I can get paid to fish at work!!!

15. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If it works out for you Matt,see if you can get me an application :grin-big: I have expierence.