Question about getting finned by a cat fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by ibmeubu, Aug 3, 2008.

1. ibmeubu

ibmeubu New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I recently posted on this site but a different location, that I knew what to do in the case a catfish finns you. Well they must have thought I was crazy because it didn't get posted. There was nothing bad about it and no bad language. So they must have thought I was some kind of nut ,,???. Does anyone out there have a remedy for the hurt and soreness a catfish finning causes. I do, but maybe you all already know. Remember I spent the most of my life a commercial fisherman. Does anyone want to know

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I rub the fish's belly on my wound to stop the pain. Works good for me, Do you have another method?

3. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Philip i would like to know.I dont get finned often but know it hurts like ---- and can get infected.

Whats your method?

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    yepper i would like to know your way also?

5. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    I'd like to know too. I don't have anything special... just a good cussing and moving on. I'd be interested to know.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Please enlighten us as to your method.All I know is it hurts like Blue Blazes.

7. ibmeubu

ibmeubu New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    To start with I am not crazy, I have seen my daddy do it and I have seen my mother do it after she was finned in the palm of her hand and it came out on top of her hand. Imagine that.. What you have to do is PEE on it . make it bleed real good and wash it off with P-- It will quit hurting in 2 to 5 minutes and it WILL NOT get sore nor infected. It will heal and you will never know it was finned. You say ,what if someone is looking , well you know how bad it hurts, so you decide. It didn't seem to bother my mother when she was finned and we owned a fish market.. I promise this works and I am not pulling your leg. All I can say is try it if you don't believe me.. Another thing don't worry about not having to P-- cause you will

8. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    i have heard that too, supposed to work for athletes foot

but my personal preferance is to rub the fishs belly, that does it for me!!!

9. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    I have worked at a hospital for 13 yrs. I aint no dr. but Philip is correct.
    The urine is "sterile" and cleans the wound.

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Will Philip I will try anything once.

Hope i dont get finned to often the wife might start to
    wonder what the ---- i'm doing when i go fishing.

I guess with this method I need to start carring some soap in the boat at all times.:smile2:

i do believe you they used that method during war times to heal their feet fungus.

11. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    I get it now thats why my hooker always asks me if i want a golden shower she wants to sterilize me first yeehaa, thanks for the info

12. ibmeubu

ibmeubu New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have heard daddy talk about the slime from the catfish worked but it takes a lot longer and I'm not sure about the long term, There were three or four families that commercial fished when we did (50's &60's) and it was very common.
    n2fishn ,forget the soap the worm juice will cover it. I also saw that this may help in snake bits also

13. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use another method. Same thing my Mom taught me for bee stings. Wet down a big glob of cigarette tobacco or chewing tobacco and hold it on puncture. It will definitely kill the pain quickly. I've used it many times. Nicotine is a a pretty good anesthetic. Don't guess it would do much for infection however. But I'm definitely not using the aforementioned method with clients in the boat. :roll_eyes:

14. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Personally I carry a little tube of Benadryl that takes the sting out right quick. But thats a good tip to remember.
    :)

15. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    That's the same thing alot of people do when they step on a jelly fish in the ocean water's. They pee on the wound and it take's away the pain almost immeadently<<< lol spelled wrong

16. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    I just rub the wound on the fishes belly,I don't know about the urine,I can just visualize the game warden walking up to me and me trying to explain this remedy:smile2:

17. pphillips

pphillips New Member

State:
    OK
    i carry a purse size bottle of hand sanitizer (usually found in the checkout area @ walmart) & squirt it on & it works immediately. pain goes away right then (but ive never put a fin all the way thru my hand:eek:oooh:). where i fish, there's people all around. I dont think i could do the pee thing without drawing attention to myself:smile2:.

18. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Personally I also rub the wound on the fishes belly. But on the survival show with Bear Grills it seems like he is always drinking his urine. He stated on the show that you can drink your urine once before it turns toxic to your body.

19. sigmanusportsman

sigmanusportsman New Member

State:
    Texas (living in AR)
    I have had a fin stab through the skin between my thumb and finger, then had to paddle a mile to get back to truck. I have also stepped on one and it went through my shoe and into my heal about 1/2 inch. never got infected and never hurt from the poision, just the barbs when I had to pull them out. so I have never had to try either method.

20. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I have heard that works. I just want to know where this fish market is where the operator p's on his hands LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL.