Question about fishing at truman.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jms43, Apr 23, 2008.

1. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was just wondering what presentation some of you guys use when fishing for the blues up at Truman. Do you fish live bait, cut bait, fish off the bottom, drifting or what? I've been going up there and having a little success, and I just wanted to see how some of you pro's do it.
    Thanks,
    Jon

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Live bait, cut bait, drifting, still fishing, you name it.

Water's not quite warm enough for drifting but getting close. Best bet now is to find the bait - the catfish won't be far away.

3. donbrown

donbrown New Member

State:
    mo
    up the osage arm at osceola is still on fire did well last 2 days just enough current past the 13 hwy bridge to hold the boat most of the fish are on the edge of the chanel brake and shallow in the floded timber and weeds from 5 ft to 8ft . doing well on live and cut shad found water today 63 degrees . 4 ounce sinkers is all u need to hold good.

4. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    is there any certain part of the lake that is better for big blues like closer to the dam or is the whole lake pretty much good?

5. insanedrifter

insanedrifter New Member

State:
    missouri
    Adam, i live in odessa also , maybe we can hook up and go down there some time, the tebo arm of the lake is known for its flatheads but the bigger blues are usually found on the southern end of the lake.

6. POLECAT

POLECAT New Member

State:
    MISSOURI SPRINGFIELD
    Jon, I just started fishing below Truman dam last year and really didnt have much success until I learned how and where to get shad. If you will read thru the posts on this site you will learn all about fishing there. Also , when your there dont be afraid to walk up and talk to any of the guys you see fishing on the bank, I have yet to run into anyone who is not willing to share their techniques with me. I was just there on wednesday and sat there from 9:30 am until 4:00 pm without a bite then they came alive and caught 6 nice fish by 7:40 pm and ofcourse turned them loose. Sometimes you just have to wait them out for awhile especially if your bank fishing but believe me , sooner or later they will get hungry. Paul