Question about cut bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by transmissionman, Jun 14, 2007.

1. transmissionman

transmissionman New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I read on this site that cut up carp is very good bait and works very well after frozen for a while. I was wondering if you could do the same with perch or other smaller fish? I have a farm pond where I can get at least 50 bluegill with each throw of the net and would like to be able to cut them up and freeze them for later use.

2. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Most any fish makes good cut bait. freeze them scales on in zip lock bags five/six in each bag. just dampen each fish first that way thay freeze like a popsicle. and will stay fresh longer.hope this helps.

3. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    P.S. don't clean the fish before you freeze'm.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    A debate that will never die. LOL! Fresh frozen bait will work. Just ask DH how good it is.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've had some success catching channels on cut frozen bream, but didn't catch any blues, although I catch mostly blues at that spot when I'm fishing with shad or skipjack.

6. Cat Hunter

Cat Hunter New Member

State:
    texas
    Sunfish, shad, shiners, are all good you will need some big shiners though. I have never used cut up carp but I have used all of these and they have worked for me. Just leave enough room on the hook for a good hook set.