Question about carp ( bait )

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by Bigdoc675, May 1, 2007.

1. Bigdoc675

Bigdoc675 New Member

State:
    IL
    Ok, I am sure this is the greenest of all green questions, and silly as the day is long, but I hear / see lots of folks saying use corn for carp. . . is that hard, uncooked corn, or the soft stuff out of the can? :embarassed: silly I know, but ive heard several difrent people say several difent things lol.

also what are some other good, effective and simple to make / get carp baits? thanks in advance !

2. TnShooter

TnShooter New Member

State:
    E. Tennessee
    Soft in a Can. And Whole kernel corn works BEST.

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    The extra sweet whole kernal corn is best.

4. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Both. Straight from a can is easy to put on a hook and is the simplest carp bait, and the most instant there is. If trying a new water it is one of the best baits to locate carp. Straight from the can can also be hair rigged decently, the only downside is bluegill are proficient at pecking corn off of the hook or hair, that is where boiled field corn comes in. I do not do the boiling myself since I buy flavored ones from a guy who makes a superb product, but online I am sure you can find boil times, and they take to flavor well. I hope this helps. Oh, my PB was on hair rigged corn straight from the can at a place I had never carp fished, it weighed 27lbs.

5. Bigdoc675

Bigdoc675 New Member

State:
    IL
    Thanks for all the help,

one last question, what time of the day is best for carp fishing? early morning, midday, or night time?

6. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    I was wondering the same thing! When do you do best? Thanks for any info!!!!

7. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    My grandpa took me carp fishing when I was a kid. He would always get me up about 5:00 a.m. and I would sleep til we got to the lake, about 6:30 a.m. We never caught any in the a.m., but we always caught them in the afternoon, and especially in the evening, just around dusk. Im guessing they (carp) school together, cause once we would catch one, then we catch alot.

8. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I do the best in the mid afternoon, but you can catch them all day and all night in the summer.. I have caught some monster carp at night with sweet corn and night crawlers.

9. jacob

jacob New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    straight from a can is good but i suggest a dough bait