Question about boats

Discussion in 'Boating' started by NKUSigEp, Jul 31, 2007.

1. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp New Member

State:
    OH
    I have a chance to buy a 19 ft. Starcraft boat with a 90 HP Mercury engine on it for what seems like a pretty good price.
    I'm rather new to the boat-world and have only had experience with my dad's Ranger. So are these decent boats? And what about the motor? Any help y'all can give me is greatly appreciated!
    AD

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Adam, I have a 14 foot starcraft and I am on the Ohio River at least twice a week in it. They are very well built boats. I wouldn't be afraid to take a starcraft that size in any big water in this area. Vern

3. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    i got a 14ft starcraft too, mines a 69, sweet boat, there very sturdy, and with a 90hp motor like mr. vern i wouldnt mind takin it anywhere, i might add that the star crafts are extremely bouyent, i usually have about 500ibs in my boat and w/o the motor we can go into about 5 inches of water and not worry about hitting, personally i think its a great boat!!! go for it!!! does it come with a trailer too, and does the motor run?

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Adam,
    I would only add that as with any boat if the deal seems too good be careful. Get it checked over by a competent tech. Maybe the guy who works on your dad's Ranger can help you. Even if you know the guy selling it get it checked over. It may have a problem he is not aware of. I hope it works out for you, good luck...W