Question about ABU reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by brinley45cal, Jan 5, 2006.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ive been meaning to ask this question for a few weeks and just forgot until now.But ive just started using baitcasters over the summer and ive got 2 Abu 7000s.My question is what is all those parts that come in that little bag?Theres all kinds of little pieces in there,plus what looks to be a little wrench.What is all that stuff and where is it suppose to go?

2. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    It's all for putting your reel on a rod that doesn't have a reel seat on them. That way you can put it on for what is the most comfortable for you.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    like cathunter said its a clamp for a rod, if you have a reel seat just throw it in a junk drawer. the wrench is an emergency tool you can keep in your tackle box/bag. should be able to disassemble your whole reel with it. you should have got a tube of oil too.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    not to mention.... some black little rubber pieces

5. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    yeah whats those black rubber pieces for anyway?

6. MNwiskers21

MNwiskers21 New Member

State:
    South Saint Paul, MN
    Those pieces that came with the reel are just extra parts for the reel, the wrench is for taking the reel appart. I know the other guys said that they are for if you don't have a reel seat on your rod but take it from me they are not. I personally only use Abu Garcia reels and one of my family friends who is a pro fisherman works for the Abu Garcia company has shown me almost everything there is to the Abu fishing equipment. Believe me or not it doesn't matter to me just as long as you enjoy useing the reels and they catch you big fish.

Take Care!

Sincerely, Kevin

7. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

So Kevin, do ya get any deals???? :D Just kidding. LMAO!!!
    Your exact location, and a picture would be great so we know who you are when you start showing up to all of those gatherings.

Ray

8. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    James the little back rubber pieces that come wrapped in a plastic bag are actually a spare set of drag shims. The reason that ABU sends them with every new reel is that they know that their drags are lacking in durability. I used to be a big ABU fan, but am slowly starting to convert to Penn. If you have ever seen the drag on an ABU sitting beside the drag on a Penn there is no comparison. Penn all the way. When you hook that monster and can't tighten the drag enough to slow him down, you'll be a Penn fan also. ABU makes an excellent ba$$ reel. Vern

9. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    All My Big rods have reel seats and I still use the clamp under the seat. I fell it stabilizes a wide reel better then a reel seat alone, just a little insurance!

10. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    vlparrish thanks for the info bro i didnt know what all that stuff was.
    Brad k thats a good idea i might have to try that out,i never would have thought to do that.Thanks everyone great help as usual.

11. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Sounds good Brad, I'll put the one on my 7000, it's deffinetly sorta wide, but not to bad. I'd sure hate to lose it though.

12. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I am with you Brad on the clamps. If they send them, I use them. Added insurance.