Question about a Sea King motor

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by battman1, Feb 28, 2009.

1. battman1

battman1 New Member

State:
    Mo.
    I have a 15 horse Sea King and I don't think the water pump is working.If its not I'm wondering how hard it will be to find one.Thanks for any help.

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Troy.Im just an Old Stupid Bohunk But I thought that the sea king Motors were Air Cooled. I'v been wrong twice before but there Both Gone,Thank God. Welcome to the Boc. J.D.

3. battman1

battman1 New Member

State:
    Mo.
    I have no idea.But there was no water shooting out so I shut it off.

4. Trapper-steve

Trapper-steve New Member

State:
    Bicknell, IN
    I know the old Sea Kings from the 1950's were water cooled and they used same parts as ether Johnson or Evenrude. :confused2:

5. battman1

battman1 New Member

State:
    Mo.
    Thanks, I need to get it backed into the water a little deeper and find out for sure.Just didn't know how hard it would be to find parts for a motor that old.

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hmmm not sure if those things have impellers or not?? Maybe drop the LU and find out....

7. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i think it depends on the year and such i have a 1967 9hp short shaft that is water cooled, but i know not all of them were, i may be selling mine come spring time, we picked up another motor yesterday, between me and my neighbor and sharpy22 we counted up 11 motors and only 5 boats lol, i said we needed 4 more so we could have 3 for each, that brought a sweet look from the wife :wink:

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Post a picture of that motor and lets see what we are dealing with. As for parts they are getting hard to find but some can still be had.

9. battman1

battman1 New Member

State:
    Mo.
    Heres a pic.

Attached Files:

10. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    can't be a 100% but from the looks of the lower unit it looks to have a water pickup.

11. battman1

battman1 New Member

State:
    Mo.
    There are some holes down there.But I'm no boat mechanic.Tom said thats what they are.