question about a record fish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by superman, Oct 3, 2006.

1. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    this is kind of a stupid question and the answer is probally simple but here is my question we all know that the 124 pound blue cat was caught on the mississippi river and is a state record in ill. so what factors determine if ill. or mo. get it for the record is it that the person was from ill. like i said it is a stupid question but it is something i have been wondering about

2. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Good question, I would like to see the answer to that also. My guess is he was licensed to fish in ILL.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

If I had to guess I would say it was the locaton that the fish was actually caught. This is my guess I could be wrong though.

4. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Wish I knew exactly where Mr. Pruit caught the fish, this I do know is he is from Alton Ill. and his wife is a police officer there. He was out of work on medical restriction from Olin there in Alton when he caught the fish, so after "ALL THE PICTURES" Olin gave him a call and congratualed him on catching the world record fish and said oh by the way your fired!!! Word is he caught the fish on the flats where the Mo. comes in so it could have been very well caught in Mo... I asked the Conservation Dept. about it and they go by gps position to determine exactly what state would get the record. To my knowledge this was not done. Thats all I know.

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Definently where the fish was caught..
    * But if the fisherman does not have a license for the state he/she is fishing in. It will not count as a record, (thrown out.)

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Missouri and Illinois have reciprocol fishing priveleges. Meaning that if you are licensed in either state, you may fish on either side. I don't know where Pruitt is licensed, but that is probably the deciding factor on which state gets the record. That and he launched from the Ill. side. Could have just as easily been a Mo. record, but not. He's a lucky man!

7. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    As far as I know, the only factor that matters is where the fish was caught.

We have a similar situation here in Texas and Oklahoma. Lake Texoma is both in Texas and Oklahoma, and had the previous world record bluecat "Splash", 121.5 blue caught from it.

You cannot legally fish this lake without having a Texhoma license. And the lake is divided into the Texas and the Oklahoma side. And records are kept for each as far as I know.

8. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    When bruce midkiff caught his recorded blue cat on the ohio river that indiana and kentucky both claimed the fish. Bruce lives and is from kentucky and his name is in both record books in kentucky and indiana. I guess its who wants it bthe most. lol.

9. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Buddy, way to go. You beat me to the punch. Vern