Quantum Rod Tip

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by howardstern, Jun 19, 2006.

1. howardstern

howardstern New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am using Tuff Line XP on my Quantum Cat pole. Well it has put a slit in the tip....Do I have bad tips? Can They be replaced? or is it the line? do they make a tip for this line for that pole? Anyone else of this problem?

thanks in advance

HS

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    does you tip have a insert? Some of the quantum bigcat rods have a stainless tip which will grove and cut line..You can have the tips replaced.

3. howardstern

howardstern New Member

State:
    Ohio
    pretty sure its one solid piece. stainless steel. wonder if its the line. and if it is what tip do i need for that line and if they even make tips for that pole..

HS

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I took mine to a tackle shop to have them replaced, about 4 bucks each...I think just about any tip with a ceramic insert will do.

5. howardstern

howardstern New Member

State:
    Ohio
  6. howardstern

howardstern New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Titanium Frame Silicon Carbide one tip 11 bucks lol wow

HS

7. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    yea they are very costly but they are worth every penny.

8. howardstern

howardstern New Member

State:
    Ohio

so this is the type of tip i would need? i just need to figure out what size..

what all does one do to take the old one off and get a new one on as good as the original?

HS

9. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Well first off you will need some Ferrell cement which is a hot glue type and be very careful as it is a supper high temp glue and don’t care what it sticks to….LOL Heat the old tip till you can twist it easy with some hemostats or needle nose pliers. Once it is off then clean the tip section of the rod with some paper towels and alcohol. Heat the glue up and then put it on the rod tip, now with the need nose pliers or hemostats hold the new tip while heating it up and then slide it own twisting it as you put it own to make sure you get good glue coverage. Then line it up and let is cool, that is all there is to it.

10. howardstern

howardstern New Member

State:
    Ohio
    looks like i need a 12 mm rod tip, but no one around can seem to tell me what kind wont get a slit in it. bass pro was no help. cabalas claims all they have are 8 mm. gee this is turning into a project.

i guess i am the only one that uses this braided type line.. it would suck to go back to using mono on reels i bought that really cant hold more than 17 pound test. the one i have now with 30 on it cant cast the distance that i need...