Quantum Reels

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by IndyMedicGuy, May 29, 2008.

1. IndyMedicGuy

IndyMedicGuy New Member

State:
    Indiana
    What does everyone think about the Quantum reels and poles for use with big cat fishing? What would you recomend?

2. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I had a quantum spincast real that I used for a year and it did ok. And my father just boat a Bill Dance Quantum rod and reel combo and I like the rod because It;s good and stiff but the reel I dislikek for the same reason I didn't like the spincats The gears on both were too slow and the drag settings on them just seemed like there was no inbetween. Ivfe noticed that with my bass poles too. I personally prefer useing Abu Garcia baitcasters with medium/heavy action ugly sticks. I love the drag setting on the Abu, The baitclickers are loud and unique. And they have a sharp finish to the way the reel looks with it being all metal on the outside. I know a bunch of people who love Penns as well. And from what I have seen you can't go wrong there either. The only reason I dont use them is because I just can't get over the outside of the reel being plastic. But from what I have seen is the gear ratios are just as good or not better than the Abu Garcias.

3. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    i have five of the qauntam big cat rods in various action and love them have not had any problems with them and have had them for a few years. i have two other rods called trophecats that are just about identical to them they just have a softer tip.

4. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i love my bill dance river combo ... its a hoss ..