Quantum Irons

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by C Hill, Jun 24, 2007.

1. C Hill

C Hill New Member

State:
    Catoosa, Oklahoma
    Does anyone but me have, or even used, a Quantum Iron reel?

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I hear they are good reels but I have never try one.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have heard alot of good things about these reels. I tried for a while to get a couple to try out but, no luck.
    Some of us only wish we had a few of them, they quit making them a few years ago.

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    When I started fishing the catfish trails, a friend worked out a deal for me with Quantum/Zepco and they furnished me Quantum Irons. Most of them were 420's and some were 410's. They are as smooth casting as anything around. They hold 110 yards of 30 pound fishing line. I was also given six heavy duty cat rods, which I replaced within a year for something with a little more flex. Just had the reels reconditioned and they are as good today as when I received them from the factory. If anyone is interested I will take a photo and post so you can see what they look like. Mac

5. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I have a brand new never used in the box iron 430cx levelwind if anyone is interested

6. boozer

boozer New Member

State:
    kansas
    ive had two of them the first one my dad gave me when i was about 15 had it for about14 years use it for bass fishing then i saw one at wall-mart half prise and bout it ive had it for 5 years now and still holding stron

7. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Steve Hoffman uses Quantum Iron fishing reels on his infisherman vidieo's....That's about all I know....Dwight

8. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I bought a pair of them a couple years ago at Bass Pro on Clarance.
    Only regret was I should have bought more. They are a little higher speed then I liked at first but they have been bullet proof tough so far.
    I will have to look and see what model mine are, They do not have the Level wind but I haven't missed it. I think I gave 49.00 dollars a peace for them and they have been worth every penny. Super smooth Reel!
    :wink:

9. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA

Hey bigcat what do you want for it????? PM me

10. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I was just surfin the Quantum site for a looksee at their "sauce"....I found out that quantum hasn't quit making the "Iron"......I'm not sure whether it's the one you're lookin for, but here it is:

http://www.quantumfishing.com/fwreels/iron_baitcast.html

Hope this helps....Dwight