Quantum iron

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by bluecatnut, Mar 17, 2006.

1. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    does anyone use these reels if so how do u like em

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I have heard nothing but good about those reels, unfortunately I don't think they still make them.:sad:

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I like Ken have heard some very good things about these reels, however they do not make them anymore..But you can find used ones.

4. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I've heard some good things about the Iron. I see you can still get them On ebay pretty cheap, some times.

5. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I have had my quantum iron for for 8 or 10 years I love it. The controls, the bait clicker the smoothness and the casting. I have never had a problem with it and have pulled it several over 50lb flatheads with it. I have not even cleaned it in years. When i first got it I took it apart just to look and it is built solid. I also have a abu 7000 but I actually like my quantum better, just for the ease of use if nothing else. If you can find one get it.

6. Ryan

Ryan New Member

State:
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Never used one, but it's listed as a 2006 product on Quantum's website.

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I own one. It's a very good reel. Although I do have to buy a new pawl for mine. That part wears just like all the other bait casting reels I have owned (fast).

8. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Have a Quantum Iron IR 335 it's a none level wind reel that holds aprox. 400 yds of 20 lb. line. It seems to be a great reel, just got to feed the line on the reel and that can wear out your fingers, threw it in back yard and reeled back in about a dozen times last night was able to get about 50 yds. with each cast which I'm sure isn't that great. I found it at BASS PRO last year for 49.00 I think the normal price was 119.00 or somewhere in that price area. Have seen them on EBAY which would probably be the cheapest place to find them in new condition if you wanted one.

9. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    This is my second one, outstanding reels. I you want one he in Kansas city Minnesota Bait still has about 6 new in the box. I own thr IR330. no problems. like the other guys said it's very smooth.

10. Riverjake

Riverjake New Member

State:
    Joplin MO
    I own two. Darn good reals for flatheads. Loud clicker and plenty stout. Even though I seem to grab the Abu's or Penns's first you can't go wrong with this reel.