quantum iron reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by mankind, Aug 24, 2008.

1. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    hey i'm looking for a place to buy quantum iron reels help would be app.

2. Gary C

Gary C New Member

State:
    ky
    To my understanding they are dis continued, But B and J bait in hopkinsville ky is supposed to have a few left 270-886-6813 they were a great reel wish they still made them..

3. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I would save your money, I had two of them and they broke in the first week.

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    what do you mean? So many post say they( broke , it,s junk, I would not buy one ) that's with any thing So please explain what you mean a newbie might be looking at this you never know

5. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    ok, well the reel handle became very loose and the only way to fix it was for the tackle shop to give me a new one. This happened again on both of them. The reel seat also bent, they might be ok for small cats but for me they just didn't hold up, I went and got another 6500 baitrunner because I have never had a problem with one.

6. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    What model did you buy? I've got a half dozen of them and they're as good as anything out there even with 6-7 years on them.

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Hey Doug, maybe that's why yours are still going:smile2: Sorry man, couldn't resist:big_smile:

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I had one for probably 8yrs and it was a great reel, even got ran over by a truck and it still worked. Also, LakeNormanBlues uses them and he's caught a TON of fish on them. Sometimes you just get a bad reel(s).

9. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    The IN-FISHERMAN boys use those reels just fine.........and they don't catch kittens, sounds to me like a bad batch or a bad dealer

10. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    has anyone ever had to buy any parts for an iron?i need a new action lever,the switch that you flip to cast.

11. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Well maybe there are some good ones out there but i had four of them and they didn't hold up for me. I use 120# braid also, so maybe they couldn't hold up to that kind of force being put on them. As for the baitrunners, I have 8 and none of them have EVER had one problem in three years of extremely hard fishing, both onshore and offshore. I'm not trying to tell the people with these reels that they are junk, I'm just telling you that they didn't work for me.