Quantum Energy E400 Baitcaster

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by Gordhawk, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    A friend of mine gave me this reel,and it needs to be cleaned up. It has been sitting around for quite awhile and has collected a lot of dirt and gunk. Do any of you know how to take this reel apart so I can clean it good? I can't seem to be able to figure out how the side pieces come off. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Glenn

2. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Don't tell me no one on this site knows anything about this reel. I thought there would be someone that would know something about it,with all of the knowledge that there is on here. Maybe I'll just throw it in the trash if I can't come up with any information on it. I kinda hate to do that as it is a pretty nice reel other than being a little dirty.

3. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I don't know how to help ya, but I took my penn jigmaster and monofil 25 to a shop. only aobut $ 12.00 to do it. he said he'd be happy to take my money but he said I could do it myself and showed me how. I don't know about the monofil either. both were plenty corroded, but didn't need any parts. Maybe a tackle shop can help ya, if not send it to penn, kinda spendy tho.