Quantum Cabo reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by dust_stl, Jul 18, 2007.

1. dust_stl

dust_stl New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anyone use these reels for catfishing? They look a lil pricey but there suppose to be really good reels and real smooth. I know a couple catfishing guides that only use these reals. I wonder how they compare to a simalar make model of a penn.

Dustin

2. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Don't know which model you are asking about but a friend of mine uses them in saltwater and catches some pretty big mean fish with them so I'm sure they will handle the cats well.

Cheez

3. dust_stl

dust_stl New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was looking at the clw30. I love my penn 209's I think there all you need. I was just wondering if anyone else uses these reels and if you do what do you think about them.

4. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I used some when I went on my trip down to memphis. They are nice but I think they are pretty pricey.

5. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    I have three Cabo reels in various sizes that I use for plugging. Smooth is the word and a excellent drag that will not lock up on repeated runs.

6. wizazz

wizazz New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I just Purchased 2 of the Quantum CABO PTs CSP80PTS.
    These arethere newest Best, Biggest, Baddest spinning reels Quantum Makes.. I'm Gonna give these a shot.. I'm sure they can handle a 100+ lber easy.:wink: I'll let ya know how it goes.