Quantum Cabo CLW30pt ?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by BigBlues, Feb 12, 2006.

1. BigBlues

BigBlues New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Has any one tried the Quantum Cabo CLW30 pts, I would like to know if it is good at casting and if it has a good drag. Would also like to know what would be a good rod choice if I get one. Thanks
    Joseph:cool:

2. nhra22

nhra22 New Member

I have seen alot of customers with Cabo's...they all seem happy.. I have an Accurist PTS for saltwater wade fishing, and it has by far been my favorite... The drag on the reel you are thinking about getting is along the lines of a Penn 320, but more advanced. The drag systems are Magnum ceramic, impervious to heat, meaning you can tackle really big fish without worrying about the drag failing, and also meaning they should stay strong and smooth for a really long time, compared to other reels. The saltguard finish isn';t a gimmick either. I find it a must considering how often my reel get's dunked.. good reels..

3. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The Cabos are awesome reels. I don't own one but I have a fishing bud that uses them and he swears by them. I have used them while fishing with him and they are very tough. The price scares me off though. The cheapest one I've seen on Ebay was still $120! Thats way more than I can afford. I guess thats why they say you get what you pay for!

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I like the looks of them and I would gladly try one out for some one if they will ship me one;) :p :)

5. BigBlues

BigBlues New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks for all the info. picked one up today at the bass pro, now time to start saving for the rod.

6. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Are they better than the Quantum Iron.

7. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

hey guys i bought 3 of the cabo CLW20PTs. i love them man. i like them alot better than a 7000c3 cast great smooth man i put 2 on jim moyer #4 boss rods ND the other on a #4 e-cat i run 40# test berkley big game solor green line on them cast nice. i had the new big game hi test line and i hated it i got a 1# spool of 50# hi test i gonna throw in the trash.