quantum cabo baitcaster

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by fishstick, Jan 24, 2010.

1. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    has anyone seen the latest bill dance video where he and johnny morris are fishing for alligator gar in texas? they catch some alligator that weigh over 200 pounds. they are using quantum cabo baitcaster reels for these monster fish. i have been using these quantum cabo reels for 3 years now and i really like them. they are inshore saltwater reels. got the smoothest ceramic drag that i have ever used. the only problem i've had out of one of my cabo's is when i put too much oil on my drag.
    anyway what i was writing this about is the fact that i gave $179 for my first cabo cbc 20 baitcaster 3 years ago. last summer i bought a cabo cbc 30 for $159 so the price has come down somewhat. well yesterday i was on cabela's website and saw that the cbc 20 reel was on sale for $99. whow! that was a heck of a deal on such a great reel. i am ordering one tomorrow. if you want a really good reel for the money, i highly recommend these reels.

2. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    They're on sale because Quantum discontinued them. Get them while you can, they probably won't last long at those prices!

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    You sure you are not looking at the CBC 20 PT? It's more of the bass style bait caster reel. I just looked on Cabelas website and found the cabo 20 PT for 99$. I bought a cabo 20 a few years ago and remember paying 159-169$ or something. About the same price as the Shimano Tekota 600 at the time. I bought one of each and ended up going the Shimano route. Glad I did they still make the Shimano's.

4. kyelkhunter3006

State:
    Ky
    I saw both the 20 size and the 30 size on there the other day, clearance priced. Looking at Quantum's website, the only saltwater casting reel they have now is non-levelwind and much bigger than the Cabo's. I think the smallest one holds 350yds of 30lb line.

5. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    cabela's has dropped the price another $10 on these reels. now you can get the 20 for $89 and the 30 which has a wider spool with more line capacity for $99. even with these reels being discontinued they are twice the reel that an Abu 6500 C3 is at the same price.

6. kyelkhunter3006

State:
    Ky
    If I still used casting gear a lot, I'd buy 2 of each, at least. You just can't beat that deal.