Quantum Bill Dance River Catfish Rod & Reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by ChrisC.729, Jul 6, 2007.

1. ChrisC.729

ChrisC.729 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    What do you guys think of this rod and reel combo? if you've even heard of it

It looks pretty nice to me

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Does it come with a missing tip or do you have to break it in the tailgate yourself, LOL!!!

3. ChrisC.729

ChrisC.729 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    ??????????????????

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You have to watch his blooper show to understand that one, LOL!!!

5. ChrisC.729

ChrisC.729 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    ohhhhh i see, im guessing he said that in one of his bloopers!

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    No, He did it, LOL!! Several times!!!

I haven't seen this rig you are talkin about yet, I will have to see it to make a judgement call on it!!!

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    For the price, it seems like a fairly decent deal to me. I saw it on BPS website, if I were in the market and just starting out, I would try it anyway.

8. ChrisC.729

ChrisC.729 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    alrighty...i like the reel on it tho...if the pole snaps i wouldnt really care..i would use the reel on my extra rod

9. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
  10. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I have seen and held one of those outfits in BPS and was fairly impressed with the way it felt especially for the money. It would most likely do you a good job. Surely there are others here that have actually used one.

Cheez

11. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I bought one and for the price it is a good deal, and later bought a second for my son-in-law. I has a good load clicker. The rods are great, I wish they sold them alone. The only thing I found I did not like is the drag system, they do come with spares which I had to change out because of mine where full of grease from the factory. I have not landed any real big cats on it yet but I have landed a bunch in the 8-16lbs range with no problems, though the son-in-law has landed a 39lbs Flathead on his. It cast all right and the gear ratio is good. I also has a large spool capacity. The real is a Quantum (Bill Dance Sponsor). Abu's are still my favorite reels but starting out and for the money that set up will get the job done.

12. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Its worth a shot BPS is usually pretty good about returns. Is there one near you maybe you can have a look see. In my experience with these type of combos usually one part is lacking in quality 9 out of ten times its the reel. But just my two cents. :wink:

13. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    my brother n law bought one this spring and likes his. like beetle said they may not be the best but they get the job done. overall a good deal on sale now.

14. dudlbugr

dudlbugr New Member

State:
    Cleveland, AL
    Looks okay to me, Chris. A good stout rod is important, but a stout reel will do a lot of things! My next is a Penn 309 on a 7' CatMax Rod. I have 3 of the 309's now; 1 is on a CatMax and 2 are on 9' CatClaw spinning rods; 1 more 309 would give me 4 in my arsenal. I've got a load of ambassador 6500's to use for white bass, speckled trout, largemouth, and other forms of bait fishing...:smile2: