Quantum Big Cat's

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by MUDHOLE KID, Oct 30, 2005.

1. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Has anybody seen a sale on the 2005 models or any news of sales for the 2006 models.I know there's all kind of places to buy them,but Wal-Mart is what I had in mind.I've got these rods at Wal-Mart before at a steal and just wanted to know if anybody has seem them in the stores. :D

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I'm over here in Missouri and have never seen the Quantum BigCat poles in Wal-Mart. Wish I would, I own two and would like to aquire a couple more. I know Bass Pro sells em, not sure if there's a sale or not on them. I picked up one last year at their annual spring fishing event sale for 19.95!! The best 20 bucks I've spent in awhile. Watch for their spring sale in 2006, they usually have fantastic prices on fishing gear.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I'd love to find those rods on sale! I've never seen them priced less than $39.95 here in the Little Rock area.

4. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    We lucked up on a sale down at the Atlanta store a couple yeras ago and got the same price.It was a close out sale.We bought 7 of the rods and I wish a thousand times I'd bought all they had.It would have been an investment :D

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have not seen walmart cary them in a long time, I have to find mine at fishing tackle stores, or online...Usually run 39 bucks..The are a very fine rod, my favorite.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I heard that the Bass Pro in Cincinnati ran them for $20 during the fall classic too. It's sort of odd, becasue Big Cats are a rod that Bass Pro DOES NOT stock & that comes straight from the counter @ Bass Pro in Cincy. I guess they want you to buy the Bass Pro Cat Maxx Rods which are comparable.

I am waiting on another 7'6 Heavy 3-8oz 15-40 # test rod come in. I ordered it from my local shop last week.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Speaking of these rods, does anyone know when/ifCatfish Connection is going to start stocking more of them? Right now there is only 1 Med/Hvy casing rod to choose from.

8. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    I've always wondered about the Bass Pro Shop deal.They never let anyone know they have the rods and the only way you can get them is to luck up and be there when they have them in the barrels for 20 bucks.I guess that's what I was after.It may be too late this year,but if anyone see's them this year or next give me a yell.I found them in the Atlanta sote a couple years ago and I told a few friends in Tenn and they called down there and had them shipped to another store,so let everyone know if you catch a deal like this.

9. mustad

mustad New Member

State:
    Orient Iowa
    I will talk to my local tackle shop guy. Last year, he was selling the old models at a swap meet for I think $20.00. If he gets a deal like that again- I may buy him out and sell em to fellow anglers on here. I bought 3 then but gosh it would be hard to part with them. The one who dies with the most tackle wins, right....

10. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    I luck out in getting 7 of these rods from BP two years ago when they had the Spring Classic. I bought mine rods at 14.95 a piece and I wish that I wouild have bought the barrel full of them at the time.

11. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I have seen these at walmart. THe only thing that i saw wrong was, I don't know why they would make a catfish rod black, when most fishing is done at night.

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My quantum bigcats are brown, I have never seen a black one..Personally I prefer a dark rod, but I do have a few white ones.

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Gee Jack are you going blind? All Big Cat Rods are black. Maybe you've used them so much they are dirty!

I bought two more Big Cat Rods today. I love them. I had a St Croix (Premier not Classic Cat) 7 footer Heavy action 20-40 #, 1-4oz for $139.99 in my hand today, but I still went w/ the Big Cat.

14. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I have never seen a brown or white Big cat.

15. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I got one of the 7'6 rods from walmart about 5 years ago and love it. I really wish i could find some more. The one i have is black with blue stripes on the eyes with a cork butt. I think I paid 20 or 30 bucks at the time.

16. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    i see zebco makes a rod called the big cat........now since quantum and zebco are basicly the same company do you think the zebco big cat is the exact same rod that use to be made with the quantum name?.........dont qoute me on this but i think they run about 30 bucks or so.

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the zebco bigcat is the quantum bigcat.

18. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Are there any places in Evansville to buy the Big cat rods?

19. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I dont know of any right now, but if i do, i'll let you know.

20. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Remember how the Indians used to bury a man's weapons with him so he would have them in the next world? Just maybe, all we'll have to fish with in the afterlife is the equipment we have when we die. On the other hand, it wouldn't really be Heaven without all the tackle you could dream of, would it? Think of it...a CatPro Shop covering 700,000 square miles, full of catfishing equipment, all free!