Quantum Big Cat

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by weekendredneck69, Mar 11, 2007.

1. weekendredneck69

weekendredneck69 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I bought a Quantum big cat last year and used it river fishin..I have a Abu
    700C3 w/ 30 lb Cajun... And unfortunately i didnt have the chance to get a big one.....So i was wondering if anyone out there has had one of these and did they like it??

THX ->BAZIL

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I have several of them, both spinning and bait cast rods. My baitcast has a Penn 310 Gti on it. I've caught many catfish on this rod up to 62 lbs and it is a great rod. Currently looking for another one. By far my favorite bait cast rod. Spinning models are just as good too.

3. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
    I have one of the newer models and its a really nice fishing rod. My brother has two of the older models (with smaller eyes). Our bigcats are all casting rods and hold up well against big cats with quantum bluerunner and quantum saltwater series reels.

I

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    I got one at the end of the season last year havent really gotten to use it but it casts well! haha. I like it!

5. weekendredneck69

State:
    Kansas
    Thx alot guys!!!! Hopefully this year i will hook into one atleast 45lbs w/ it... The biggest flathead i have ever caught was only 44 lbs. ;-(.. But it was kind of neat i bought the rod, reel, line and tackle that same day i caught my first "big" river fish!

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have several of the Quantum Big Cat Rods M/H on 7000C3 reels and have never had a problem. This is a great set up.:big_smile:

7. weekendredneck69

State:
    Kansas
    I appreciate all the words up...might have to go out and buy a couple more.....I would have a good reason to buy a couple more Abu's LOL!!

Bazil

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I caught my PB flathead in my avatar with a 7'6 Quantum Big Cat rod. The Big Cat handled it with ease.

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i been fishing the best part of 60 yrs. and my pb on rod and reel is 37 lbs.i wish i could catch a 44 lb.flathead this year.lol

10. weekendredneck69

State:
    Kansas
    This is the 44# Flatty that i caught...This was like 4 years ago when i was 14. Im 18 now and ready for one even bigger!

11. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    A brotha I have two of the heavy actions and they're great.