Quantum Big Cat

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by tulsa_adams, Jan 26, 2010.

1. tulsa_adams

tulsa_adams New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Does anyone know anything about the Quantum Bigcat reels

2. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Pretty much the same reels as the ones on the Bill Dance River Combo's if you've seen those before. Nothing fancy, just a basic casting/trolling reel.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You asked, they would be ok for trolling or casting short distances...But If you want any casting distance I would stay away from them..I seen a guy use one, he was lucky to get 40 yds out of it, when it did not backlash, very hard to cast far and control this reel.

I would stay away from it and get and abu 6000, 6500, if you can.

4. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    casting distance on the quantam big cats they are a lil difficult to threw compared to a abu reel but I have used them long enough to get decent casting out of them I like these reels

5. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    The rods are good to go but reels as mentioned are not......who knows, they might be alright for you. When posting about if a certain product is good it will help if you let us know what you will be using it for......You will get some great replies none the less but it would help to know the details. You will get alot of opinions on this site but you will have to hit and miss on equipment like most of will do.