quantum big cat

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by desertcatrat, Jul 8, 2009.

1. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    i recently bought the two 7'10" models (mh and h) and i love em
    they are built like a tank, one piece
    and the guides are rock solid with al oxide inserts
    any one out there have one and what is your opinion?
    i think they are top of the line quality

2. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I bought 2 of the med/hvy 7'6 models. At first I really liked them but I had one break about 7 inches down the tip and the other one on alot of tension is starting to make cracking noises. Ive heard of alot of people having good luck with them, but thats my luck maybe I got a bad batch or something! Hope you have better luck with them.

3. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    i saw the 7'6"s but there are 2 7'10''''''''s and i like a longer rod so i opted for those two, i like the one pice thing
    i haven't had them long but they impress me so we'll see
    thanx

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    My buddy had 6 of them and they were awesome! I really liked the action that they had to them. Good for circles and J-hooks.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kip you need to send them back. They did have a bad run on that model but was replacing them. They supposed to have solved the problem now.

6. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    ive got 2 of the 7'6 moldes 1 med hvy and 1 hvy act and i love them there awsome and ur right built like a tank good rods for moveing a big flattie away from cover i love them and would recomend them to anyone

7. WayneV

WayneV Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I just got my 7'6 Hvy. Havent used it yet but the like the heavy guides and the feel. I contemplated for 3 weeks on which rod to get and finally settled on the big cat. Was gonna get a uglystick tiger but i cant stand the over sized grip on them and i just had a tiger lite crack on me tryin to get a snag out.

8. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    arent those guides nice, i love em, the rod is a tank but doesnt feel like it in your hands, still has goodd balance,i love mine
    glad to see others gettin in on the big cats