quantum big cat

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Brett2, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Brett2

Brett2 Guest

Has any one ever had a Quantum Big Cat rod? How was/is it? If anyone has ever had a spinning Big Cat rod, what reel did you put on it?
    Thanks

2. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    I've got 3 of the 7' 6" MH rods and LOVE'EM.I wish I'd bought 6 instead of 3.My friend also has 3 and LOVE'S 'EM.I know several people who has them and LOVE'EM.Have you found some new ones?What's the price and where? Mind are the first ones the came out with.The newer ones are nicer,the eyes are different.I'd like to have 3 more if you have the info.Wal-Mart don't have them around here anymore.Info will be :0a31:

3. M.Magis

M.Magis Member

State:
    SE Ohio
    I think I have 5 now. They're good rods, and as mentioned, the new ones are made better than they used to be.The eyes are much beefier. I still prefer the Catmaxx rods from BPS, but the Big Cats are good rods. All of mine are casting.

4. Brett2

Brett2 Guest

5. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I have 2 7'6" heavy rods and just love them. They are casting rods. I just can't beat them.

6. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    I like those rods dude,but that price is total too high.Catfish connection has them about 20$ cheaper.Believe it or not.Me and my freind both 7 at bass pro last year and gave a mere 14.99 each for them.Yeah I know ,that was a rare steal.I think 30-34$ is a fair price.

7. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    That's true. I paid $45.00 a piece for mine a few years ago. I want some more but will look for better prices.

8. Brett2

Brett2 Guest

9. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    Checkout Catfish Connection for the Quantum Big Cat rods. $37.50 listed under Zebco rods.

10. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I love my Quantum Big Cat rod! It's light, strong, has great action, and casts better than any other rod that length I've ever seen.

11. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I have one of these that i got 4 or 5 years ago at walmart. It is 7'6 MH, Black with blue quantum big cat logo. If i could find them again i would probably buy a few more.

12. Brett2

Brett2 Guest

Thanks for the info, and yeah that price on catfish connection is pretty good that is where i will probably buy mine

13. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    i had my baitcaster on a quantem big cat 7 n a half footer........it was great until i carelessly loaded up the truck and my cooler snapped the rod tip off........if that never happened it would have lasted forever........i replaced it with a 9 foot eagle claw(cat claw) rod.....its very nice also......