Quantum Big Cat rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Jb1z, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Jb1z

Jb1z New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm thinking of buying a 7ft10in heavy action quantum big cat for flatheads , are they any good ?

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    In 2001 Zepco/Guantum gave me seven of their big cat rods and seven Quantum Irons 410 and 420 to fish a catfish trial in my area. If you are going to fish for big cats they will do the job, no question about that. But for the typical cat that most of us catch, those in the 3 to 20 pound class, they are an overkill.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I own three of them in med/hvy and have never had a problem. I have them matched with 7000c3 ABU.

4. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    I have one, caught the fish in my avatar with ease.

5. lou_a

lou_a Member

State:
    Texas
    I have a 9' Quantum BigCat spinning rod I picked up at BPS a few years ago when it was marked down to 15 bucks. I really like it alot, although it is out of commision right due to one of the ceramic inserts falling out of one of the guides, and I've been to lazy to fix it. It has an advantage over my other rods as it is a 1 piece rod, which gives it a real nice feel. If you are mail-ordering, the fact that it's 1 piece may add to the shipping cost though....

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I Have 4 with 7000 c3 ABU they are great rods, except for the ceramic eyes.

7. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    iv got 2 of then, the 2 of them are 7'6",1 is med/hev, the other one is hev.i like them very much , i have them matched up with 2 abu 6500c3, iv only had them for a year now so time will tell ,but for the short time iv had them, and what iv pulled in with them, i would feel safe in saying there a good pole the older one s were known to crack right at the top of the handle:angry:

8. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    between me and and a buddy we have 14 med/hvy, and med. very good rods, no complaints