Quantum Big cat Reels?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Catfishboy1995, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
  2. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama

Never heard of them before your post but by the looks and the size and line capacity, if they are legit it would be freakin hard to beat, especially since they are 7000 size. I have a 6500 and I cannot hate on the reel because it casts far and has reeled in 40 and 50 lb fish for me, but I just think it is too small but the 7000 is a good size. and it says the big cat is 7000 size, for that price that it beats out the ming yangs I just posted about. they have one 7000 size also but i dont know which model it is or know its performance

3. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Yea i was looking at those ming yangs on ebay...and i dont know what the numbers mean...size wise..and have no clue how big they are...and i was looking for a big cat rod and the reel poped up...so i was like well they look like a 7000 and it says there similar size and i own a vew quantum catfishing reels and they work fine..so i might try this for $30

4. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    good luck with the purchase. post back and let us know so I can purchase one for my Big Cat rod I have an Okuma on right now, I would love to match the set up and buy a new Tiger or TWC for my Okuma :roll_eyes: im gonna contact ming yang and find out which model is equal to the 7000

5. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    No problem. I get back to you as soon as i get it and then again when i take it out...im getting 3 reels within the next 2 weeks:eek:oooh::eek:oooh:..so team catfish will have to send me a few more spools of tug o war:wink::smile2:!!

6. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    It seems to me that the CL 70 is around the size of a 7000 maybe and the CL 80 is bigger like a 9000 or so. I checked Ming Yang's website after you posted about them. Normally I am not a fan of Chinese made products, but if the reviews are true and the parts lists are accurate on their website, it seems they may offer a fairly good product for a low price. Only draw back I heard was that finding parts for them is nearly impossible. Not a big deal though in my book because their most expensive reel is around 50-55 bucks. I think they have a 2 year warranty as well.

7. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    That reel that's listed in the auction is smaller than an Abu 7000. A 7000 holds 270yds of 20lb. An Abu 6500 is rated for 155yds of 20lb. So it's en between the two. They still seem like a good deal to me. Nothing fancy, just a basic reel that should be pretty durable.

8. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I know this reel..I accually have one...I have a bill dance catfish river combo...it is the same reel (I didnt know that till now)..Im not going to buy it now...i was thinking i have never had this one...They are GREAT reels...But i wanted to try something different...I still am thinking about a 7000ic3 though!!!

9. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Yeah I thought you knew, the quantum/bill dance is basically identical

10. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    nope didnt know...but there great reels!!!

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
  12. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
  13. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.