Quantum® Bill Dance River Catfish Rod and Reel Combo

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by bigkittyhunter, Mar 20, 2007.

1. bigkittyhunter

bigkittyhunter New Member

State:
    illinois
  2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Those combos might work, I have a 5600, it makes a good channel cat rig. I use my with a slip float rig.

3. ohio catfisherman

ohio catfisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    it would be a good channel combo i think but for the flats and blues i would go with a ugly stick tiger paired with a abu garcia

4. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I use shakespeare tiger rods and the quantum river cat rod & reel combo. On the tigers i use abugarcia 7000s and quantum blue runners. Theese both work well for big blues, flatheads & channel cats. Put eighty pound braid or fifty pound mono I prefer suffix. Cant put any higher mono loose to much line capacity. With this you should be able to boat any fresh water fish

5. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I saw these combos and had to laugh. They looked and felt very cheaply made.

6. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got one of the Bill Dance river combo's (bait casting) and I have had no problems from it. It has a good load clicker and cast and reels smoothly. I have landed some 20lbs plus on it in heavy currant with no problems. I got mine on sale. The 5600 ABU does not have much line capacity but for small fish I think it would be fine.

7. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    I would try the bill dance one, but for the other one, id look for one with a 6000 or 6500 on it.

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I thought it looked like it should hold up to some good size fish. my brother-n-law purchased one this year and ill let yall know when he gets some biguns on it.

9. snakeman455

snakeman455 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I am getting a 7000 C3i and can't wait to use it. I'm going to put it on a Bass Pro 8' Cat Maxx.