Quality of Fishing Rods on EBAY

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 4, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    :0a32: I could find a decent rod on EBay. I've beensearching for two freaking days. The ones I like go for twice as much as I can get them for locally or cost $1,000,000,000 to ship.

So..... I've sent an Email to Gator :) & a one to a shop here in Ohio for a reg (not custom) rod.

Oh well this was just me gripping & complaining.

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    what type of rods are you looking for? i have a way of finding the "hard to find":big_smile:

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, is all you need...They even make the new tiger lite!

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I just buy em at Fishermans Warehouse in Columbus. They usually have a great deal.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Brayn, why dont you just get you a couple of those white ugly stik catfish rods, they are great cicle hook rods, and lite enough for carp fishing, and sturdy enough to handle a decent size flathead.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I actually want the Tiger Rods. :) I THINK.

The used ones are going for more than the new ones are. Isnt that odd?

I think I'm getting a nice Falcon Costal Casting rod. It should be really nice. I still want to get a couple more. I really do want to try & get a couple Tigers in Med action.

7. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    Bryan..if you want a ugly stick tiger but dont wanna pay the 50-55 bucks for one try a penn roddy gator tail..they are almost identical to the tiger rods,in look and actions,the older models have the SS guides like the tigers but the newer ones have the "tangle free" guides...and they go for about 1/2 the price of a tiger.
    and everyone that asks about the original tiger rods i feel it is my duty to bring up the ugly stick tiger lite rods ;) but seriously the tiger lite is one heck of a rod,i absolutly love em,the rods size is perfect for Abu reels like the 6000 or 6500,soft tip and more than enough back bone these rods are awsome! and that cork tape handle the lite has looks great...dont let the word "lite" fool ya on these rods they are built like tanks...mine is actually a HVY action rod,not sure if you can get em in any other action.

8. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    I don't see anything about Melon that says "Lite"

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

I can only find one on EBAY. It's $34.99 + $18.99 for Shipping! :angry:

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Shipping is a killer on Ebay. Sometimes you can a better deal on shipping from qa bigger store. Have you tried the bigger store .com's?