Qualifying

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Phil Washburn, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    anyone besides me and Boris ticked off at the way nascar allows entries?:angry:

what a load of garbage....the go or go homers got it put to them big time:angry:

it should be the fastest 43 cars...PERIOD!!!

if a past champion wants in, add him to the back. so what if there are 44 or 45 cars? they use to run 60 and 70...nascar sucks! i watch less and less anymore. just hard to stay interested when nascar manipulates winners and entries. their inconsistency in assessing penalties is pitiful.

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Wrestling has all but fizzled out. NASCAR is taking over.
    Its not about racing and hasnt been for a LONG time.
    If you went to the races in the 70's and early 80's you see how much of it today is just a dog and pony show.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yep!!!! It is the Beginning of the END for the sport!!!

4. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Perhaps it's just us.. Face it guys, were old.We remember when it was ok to rub and bang.We can remember when it was okay to block, but expected that you were going to be punted. Heck it was even ok to fight as long as you kept your helmets on.Lets all get some beer and go to the short track tonight. I hear they still race there!!

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I agree, lets get back to the good ole Saturday night dirt track racing. 3 heat races and a consy, then run a main event.

6. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    LOL...Walter, you brought back some memories there:smile2:
    i used to do some dirt tracking several years ago. i ran for a couple of years before i figured out that tire size and pressure were at least as important as engine:big_smile:

i had a partner for some time. we started with a '75 pontiac ventura with a 400 cid engine. the track would put all the top points guys in the fast heat. i spent most of that year in the top 2 or 3, so that meant that in the heats i started near the back of the fastest. the track was always well watered, which meant that my old long wheelbase, low rpm car was floundering around at the back. when the track started drying out, we got faster and faster. the camaros and other small cars would whup our butt in the heat, but when we got a heavy track (that is a sticky or traction surface) we were more equal. and when the track dried out, which it always did for the "A" main, we were better than most. most of those boys only knew how to mash the gas.......you have to finesse the gas when it is dry slick.

anyhow, back to the memory, being slow in the heat meant we rarely transferred to the "A". i have had a "sweep" a couple of times, but those dudes are hard to come by when you are slow in the heat. however, after missing the cut for the A, i have many times won all the features or consys to get to the A. there were lots of cars in our division, and i twice won the D, C, B, and A features:big_smile:

on nights when there were "only" enough cars for A, B, and C features, we swept those 5 times.......i tell ya what, when it is 105 degrees outside on a hot july/august night, that much time behind the wheel will wear you out:eek:oooh:

we put 3 times as many laps on our car as anyone else:big_smile:

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Naa it aint us. In my work I have received this and that for this fabulous achievement doing this or that.
    After so much of that crap you know a dog and pony show when you see one. You know where the bodies are hidden.

This dog and pony is going through the motions to get to the money on Monday. It gets worse and worse.

You have to either learn to take it at face value or move on.
    Its entertainment, not racing even if some drivers haven't figured that out yet themselves.
    They'll conform to NASCAR's mold or they'll be running ASA or sprint cars.

I think its down right comical when Tony Stewart says exactly what he thinks about someone or something including NASCAR as he should be able to but on Monday after his check is a little or lot short he is quick to say what a BUTT he was being.
    That's his wallet talking not Tony Stewart.

The only driver I know of that doesnt do the NASCAR dog and pony is Ted Musgrave. He pretty much gave them the middle finger said what he had to say and stuck to it. He went truck racing. He can survive there since its not so high profile.

One day maybe every driver that makes the field and those that dont will line up on pitroad with an open mike and say NASCAR, you suck! Hopefully it will be in front of 150,000 fans that paid 80-to God knows what for the price of a seat to watch the entertainment.:eek:oooh: