quail season

Discussion in 'Bird Hunting' started by 223reload, Nov 14, 2007.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Our quail season opener is tomorrow. Love chasin and eatin them Blue quail

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hey richard we are supposed to have an awesome quail crop this year, and i have been working too much to go. only been out for rifle season 1 time, bow season 3 times, this isn't like me at all. my dog has been seein the neighbors go and he's throwing fits daily. he knows what time it is! good luck when yall go, let us know how you do!

3. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    are's down here opened last sat- . i went out flushed to roosters and missed !!:sad2: pretty much came from underneath me and scared the h*** out of me. did'nt see any quail i always look forward to bust'n some , but i probably would of missed:smile2:.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I prob . wont do any bird bustin ,till after thanksgivin,as thats when the whitetail hunt starts. but I'm rarin to go nonetheless

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i finally got to get out and run my dog festus. we hunted alibates and mcbride canyon just south of lake meredith. it's some really beautiful country out there, but we didn't jump a single covey. being public land, it gets hunted pretty hard. we did find a bunch of birds people had knocked down and couldn't find. the cover is really thick given the wet summer and mild winter we have had. i would figure with the abundance of bird dogs in this area more people would use them, but i guess not. festus is a german shorthair pointer x english shorthair. his mom hunts real close and his dad hunts far. dad has a cold nose and mom is real hot. mom listens well, dad doesn't, but hunts till he drops. we wanted the best of both, and got it with my dog. he follows hand and voice commands. i he hunts cover too, without being told. the more i hunt him, the more he picks up. he doesn't chase rabbits, won't mess with snakes. that's good since the canyons are full of rattlesnakes. i have some pet bullsnakes that don't like dogs :wink: and tweaked his ear every time he tried to investigate when he was a pup. we have some other spots that might be better when work lets me off again, i'll let yall know how it turns out.

6. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for sharing sounds like you have a great dog there good luck on your next trip out!!