Python in Car's Motor

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by H2O Mellon, Jan 4, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Not sure if anyone has seen this one yet. I thought forsure I had already posted it, but could not find it. Dinkbuster mentioned how he hates snakes in another post, so it made me think of this. I am sure Dinkbuster will love it. Unlike 99% of the stories on the 'net, this is true. I searched snopes.com & other things, this is 100% legit.

Here is the proof that snopes.com has found it to be true.:
    Snake in the Gas
    Claim: Photographs show a chopped-up snake found by a motorist on his engine block.
    Example: [Collected on the Internet, 2004]

Here is the story. The pics are below.

THERE IS A STRANGE NOISE IN MY ENGINE!!
    don't look at these pics if your stomache isn't feeling all that great...

This is simply a must see to believe...

THIS GUY WAS DRIVING INT 44 TO WORK FROM BALLWIN AND MADE IT TO HAMPTON WHEN HE HEARD A POP, IT SOUNDED LIKE A FLAT TIRE....HE OPENS THE HOOD AND JUMPED A MILE....CO-WORKER RECOGNIZES HIM AND PULLS OVER...IMAGINE CALLING IN..I WILL BE LATE AND UH..... THIS IS WHAT WAS MAKING THE NOISE!! FOUND THIS DAY 9/3/03 AT FRANK LETA ACURA

Other Snopes.com Findings:
    Origins: Snakes, being cold-blooded creatures, seek out warm places to rest, and the engine block of a car (especially one which is still radiating heat from recent use) fits the bill — sometimes to the detriment of the snake, as in this case.

Although the type of snake shown in these pictures, a ball python, is not typically found in North America, these photographs genuinely depict the surprise a St. Louis man found under the hood of his Acura automobile. (The serpent may have been an escaped pet, or a captive snake deliberately placed under the hood by someone as a prank.) We heard from both the car's owner and a representative from the service department at Frank Leta Acura, both of whom confirmed that the pictures displayed above were real, that the automobile did come into the shop as pictured, and that the only damage suffered by the car was to the belt. (The snake itself, obviously, did not survive the ordeal.)

Last updated: 5 January 2005

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    my brother and i worked for bus horton ford in the early seventies as mechanics (no such thing as technicians back then :) ). he got a tow in one day - the repair order said the alternator light was on and the power steering was inop. the customer started the car cold in the winter (2500rpm fast idle), heard a noise, and then shut it off - after re-start he noticed the light and no P/S.

johnny raised the hood, and found blood gore and guts everywhere....seems like a cat found a nice warm place - on top of the water pump!

it was much messier than the snake deal....one i won't forget :eek:

3. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Bryan that is pretty crazy. Phil, it is a wonder that peta hasn't started attacking car manufacturers for fabricating such vicious killing machines. Vern

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep thats a big ball python. they usually only get about 4' long. there kind of a mini verson of the bermese that can reach 20'. the females can get close to 6' and i would guess that was a female cause its large. in st louis it was a pet gone awall. there not native to north america and couldn't survive the winter. also i see a lump in the body. showing it had recently eaten. i would say the engine was still a bit warm from the last drive and it went there for a nice warm dark place to lay to let the food digest. thats my best guess. to bad. looked like a great snake.

in the wild they lay in the sun to let food digest. they usually only eat 1 large meal per month or so. i had two at one time. they ate very large rats. wish i had one now. i got a rat in my garage out back big as a kitten. seen it a couple days ago. its very large and refuses to enter the large traps ive set.

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I once was pulling a standard transmission out of a chevy truck. I was taking the shifter boot off to remove the shifter. Just happened to notice the boot started moving by itself, found that kinda odd. Finished taking the screws out and lifted the boot. I then let out a scream like a little school girl. There it was a 5 foot black snake all nice and cuddled up on top of the transmission. Another technician came over and removed it for me. Very lively little booger to say the least. Definetly wasn't expecting to find that in there. LOL

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    my heart started thumpin and my hands sweating just reading these posts! if i were to find a snake in my ride i would have a nervous breakdown! dead or alive! i cant even stand going into pet stores with snakes!

7. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    maybe the snake was trying to be a serpentine belt:p .

he didnt make a very good one did he?

my old GF had a small rainbow boa constrictor that accidently
    got shut in a car door it actually bent the door frame at the top
    to where it compromised the seal LOL you could see day light through that spot.
    it did however put a slight crook in the snakes body towards the tail
    where it starts tapering down.;)

those snakes are pretty tough but not tough enough for a motor pully
    system. also a hide a bed can be a pretty lethal contraption for a pet snake!!!

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    shoot. just remember. a snake is as scared of you as you are of him. most would rather run from you that bite ya. just leave them be and youll be fine. only reason a snake bites ya is he feels threatened or ya step on him. ive held snakes over 10' lond that were just a tame as could be. ive also been bitten noumerous times by a red tail boa and a 2' moniter lizard i had as well as my ball pythons. none were more hamfull than tiny paper cuts and they sting a bit but after a few min ya forget they bit ya. :)