Pyramid State Park

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Don Wessling, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    I am wondering if anyone fishes the strip mine lakes at Pyramid, if so are there cats in any of the lakes? With the new addition to the park, it covers about 50,000 acres and over 30 lakes, making it the biggest State Park in the state.

2. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    Never been there but the DNR website says this about the fishing there:

"Fisherman will find that largemouth bass and bluegill are the predominant species. Lost Lake (a hike-in lake) and some of the other lakes contain a hybrid of green sunfish/bluegill. There also are redear and channel catfish in some of the lakes. "

I'd think the best bet is to hit up that largest lake there "Super Lake" and see if it holds any cats. Crawlers and dip baits are good exploratory baits to see if there're any cats around.

good luck.

3. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I know there's cats in Boulder lake at the site. The water is so clear you can see the bottom 35' deep. Watch out for the humps, they come up on ya fast!

4. Rivercat2

Rivercat2 New Member

State:
    Morton,Illinois
    Where is this place at, and is there a h.p rating, and how are the boat ramps.

5. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    It's located in Perry county, just south of Pinckneyville on Hwy 13/127. Some of the ramps are concrete and some were gravel. At least I think there were gravel ramps. It's been several years since I fished there. 10 hp limit on lakes with boat access.