Pyramid mold,. Homeade!!

Discussion in 'Sinker Making Institute' started by Catfishboy1995, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    For those who like those pyramid sinkers this is an easy homeade way to make a pyramid sinker out of simple and i mean SIMPLE materias that arent to expensive and you can make it as big as you want!!!It is in spanish so i could only make out some of it...but he shows the process and al that jazz...very very well!!!:big_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awINZVmuDHg&feature=related

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks. You didn't understand that? LOL

3. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I could pick out little bits of it...but not much:smile2::wink:

4. Waterbug

Waterbug New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    The same thing can be done using a nice size potato as a mold material. The two draw backs to this is the temporary nature of the potato mold and the comments that your wife makes when she finds out that you've been stealing her potatoes to make weights. :smile2:

5. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    lol, But theres moisture in a potato..i wouldnt risk that:wink::eek:oooh::embarassed:

6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Great video .The mold he used could be easily made of bondo car body filler, I would think. Or a person that was handy with some welding equipment could fabricate one of steel.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What the hell did he say?:smile2::wink: rollo

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Didn't listen to the video, Just watched and applied common sense. When someone mentioned mexican or spanish seen no need to listen. :embarassed::confused2: The only language I speak other than english would be Mtn Hillbilly slang.:wink::smile2::smile2:

9. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    good aftewrnonn im making weights of fishin pyramid out of portland cement...nothing after that..

10. Badfinger

Badfinger Guest

I don't know about anyone else, but if I tried to do that in the kitchen on my wifes stove, well we'll just say that I can almost feel the rolling pin now.

11. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    inside the house is just a bad idea in many ways, especially when it comes to the wife. there is a safety issue also. the fumes and the fire issue can be a problem. i know ken pours by a fire place that sucks the fumes outside (like a hood), and im sure he has some kind of wood or mat out to catch the lead if it drips. that is the only way i would do it indoors. with a well vented area and a fire/lead safe area.

12. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    Thanks for sharing the video. Might not care about the fumes or dust. He might think his exhaust fan above his stove is enough ventalation.

13. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I build a fire in the insert which sucks the fumes and such up the chimney. The hearth in front of the insert is 3'x6' so if there is a little splatter the hearth catches it . I would not recommend anyone melt in an enclosed area without proper ventilation.

14. Longjohn119

Longjohn119 Well-Known Member

State:
    Iowa
    A tip from someone who has worked with lead solder nearly all his life. When working a lot with lead take double or triple doses of vitamin C enough so it changes the color of your pee to bright yellow. Vitamin C will 'capture' (Technical term is Chelation) the lead in your system and flush it out when you pee.

This is relatively cheap preventative medicine and was proven long ago to work and work well

15. M Pain

M Pain New Member

State:
    N. Central Pa

He said what? :bomb::rotfl:

I did like his safty gear and - O the woman on the cardboard squige was nice. Not sure why the last ones bubbled and poped :frown:

16. M Pain

M Pain New Member

State:
    N. Central Pa

Very nice to know - THANKS :worship: