Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by natethe great, Apr 16, 2008.

1. natethe great

natethe great New Member

North carolina
    hey guys i was wondering if any of uyall have a rod older on your truck im thinking about making one this weekend with two boards bolted to the tool box with 8 tubes of pvc pipe bolted to them i was wondering if any of u had done this before or something simular to it and if i just be weary of some problems u encountered well till next time good fishing

SUNDROP New Member

I use the gray electrical conduit straps (u shaped things) to hold the tubes to the boards 2 per tube and they work fine.. I spray the whole thing white before I mount it just for looks..

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

Hey I have seen people around here with rod holders that was bolted for the truck and they seem like it worked pretty good for them
  4. Talkinquack

Talkinquack New Member

China Grove, NC
    I've got one that I haul my craps rods one. I took some pvc pipe and cut it into 16" pieces. I then cut a groove in the top of the pipe so the reel will actually set down in the pipe. I then attached the pipe to the board with bolts. Had to drill a hole in the back side of the pipe. I think I put 6 holders on one board. I didn't permanently attach mine to the tool box. I just layed the board on the box and took two rachet straps and ran around the tool box to hold it on there. When I put my rods in the holders, I took a small bungee cord and hooked it to the bottom of the pipe and then ran it up and hooked it to the bar on the front of my reel. I got tired of laying my rods in the back of the truck, taking a chance of getting the tip broke off when I closed the tailgate. With this holder the rods are up over the tailgate. No chance of em' getting broken.
  5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

Little Rock, AR
    You might want to look in the library at some pvc holders different folks have come up with.