Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i seen on the boc library how to make pvc rod holders(whistlers). my buddy got a new boat and we were looking for a more economical way to rig up rod holders. i got him a picture of these and he mounted seven on his boat. they work as good if not better than the store bought ones on my boat (driftmaster). he has about $10 bucks or so in them. i usually am skeptical about cutting corners when it comes to fishing. the way i see it is if you fish a lot and your going to use that item from now on get the good stuff. but these are the real deal. he did use thicker pipe than whistler did. he had some 1/2 inch (wall thickness it was four inch in diameter )laying around so thats what he used. before you go spend money on rod holders i would suggest giving these a try.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I built some using Whistler's design with some modifications. I have had fish take the rod tip all the way to the water and the holder never gave. Also have been hung up strong enough to stop the drift of the boar and they never blinked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.