PVC rod holders for aluminum boat

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by ccat, Sep 6, 2009.

1. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    BOC.
    I have 14 Driftmaster DuoPro's 1/2" on my SeaArk, but I have been reading a lot about PVC rod holders and all the different applications. I am putting these pictures of a set up I built for my buddy's Bass Tracker about a year ago.
    We have used the back holders a lot on the Arkansas river. We have never really needed more than the bungee on each end. The front holder would be good for lake fishing, but he is using it tomorrow turned 90degrees for drifting on the river. Again, 2 bungees will be enough to keep it in place.
    The PVC is obviously slid down over the seat poles.
    If this idea has already been posted, I appologize, but do hope it gives someone an idea to work with.

Attached Files:

2. BK4U

BK4U New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    That looks like a great idea. I am sure those work great.

3. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Looks good , let us know how it preforms and good luck.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing Chris Good idea.

5. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Like I have said, my buddy's PVC rod holders have always worked great when we set up and anchor fished. Today, I drifted in my SeaArk and he in his tracker. They did fine out the front and back.
    One time, we had 2 rods out of the front, but with no bungee's. He just stood behind them with his arms out to the side. I yelled that he looked like a preacher at the pulpit.................oh yeah, he is a preacher too.
    Anyway, they worked great.

6. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice looking system, thanx for sharing. Stay safe and keep 'em coming!!!:wink:

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Put Driftmasters (or Monsters) on his boat, like you have on yours. PVC is made for rocket launcher type rod racks perhaps, but not for rod holders. From what I can see in the pics, the holders are designed to have to push the rods out of the holder towards a fish, instead of picking the rod up to hook the fish. Anyhow, sorry I'm so contrary, but I never liked PVC or any plastic type holders very much.

Bill in SC

8. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    This is perfect! I think on my next paycheck I'll be building this! Probaby just a double for the front and a double for the back corner (opposite I sit)