PVC Bank lines

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by catman george, Jul 7, 2007.

1. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    There are no regulations listed in the ODWC Pamphlet regarding PVC banklines. Since ther are no regs listed wardens can take two positions, legal or illegal. This topic will be brought up in the July meeting of fisheries division to clarify the issue. No one wants to wilfully break the law and ODWC realizes this. This topic will be addressed with the new leaders this month.We can expect a clarification,change, or addition a year or so. It just takes time to work the issue through the various channels. I,personally, do not see it having any opposition. It should be sail through the department and commisioners with some discussion and then approval.
    I

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    My ONLY concern about the use of PVC in this nature, is it will not readily decompose. If the person who sets it out suddenly decides he has better things to do, the pvc pipe will still be sticking in the river/lake bank. It is sort of like jugs and trotlines. The regulations say you must check them every 24 hours... I'd like to see it change where you had to mark the lines with the date/time it was last checked, and if it is over a certain period of time, say a week without being marked, any angler could remove the device. That would help clean up the lakes/rivers...but I could also see where it could lead to some bad situations.

3. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    well don't ask the GRDA to not put pvc in the water they just dumped over 850 pvc make shift brush piles into grand

4. dobbie

dobbie Member

I have used PVC pipe for bankpoles for about 3 years.They work great and they are easy to use.I talked to a game ranger about 4 months ago about using them.At first he said sure you can use them.He got out his reg book and said I couldn't use them because they had to hang them from a natural object.So I guess I will not use them in the future.It looks like PVC pipe would be to expensive to leave out and not pick it up.I know I have a lot of money in my setlines.

5. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dobbie- I would not give up the ship yet. There will be a change coming. I feel certain.

catman george

6. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    George,

You don't have some inside track on this or something??? :wink:

7. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    Wasn't this discussed during the winter and found that the state considered it illegal to use pvc for limb/bank lines?

8. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Larry- Yes, but now there will be some discussion soon about correcting the oversight of the bank lines being left out of the regs. We will see what happens.

catman george