putting out some feelers for a gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by playin4funami, Sep 29, 2009.

1. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    Hello, Kansas brothers!and sisters! I was thinking about having a Nebraska/Kansas mixer next year at Lovewell. Right now this is in the very prelim/just a thought stage. I was just wondering if anybody who might be interested in something like this would leave a short post and maybe say if it's a maybe or a definatly would try,just trying to get an idea of what kind of crowd we could get together. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Lovewell has a state park area,plenty of camping spots,electric,restrooms and shower facilities are new and nice in two different locations,nice fish cleaning stations,cabins,lots of good catfish both channells and flats,some non-state park axcess,four decent boat ramps,and tons of bank fishing room,multiple bait and tackle rescources and a marina+eatery. If theres anything else you want to know ask.

Like I said just looking to see what kind of interest this might generate for now!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  2. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    is there a river ?? if this is a lake is it river fed ??

you picked the right state to ask, it takes little to nothin for us to have a gathering. heck, i just got a tresspass ticket and now people are talkin about havin a mini gathering on the logjam they say i tresspassed on :smile2:

3. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    You know me, I'm always in :wink:

4. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    The lake is more creek fed than a river,about three or four different creeks coming in but only one full time,lots of wood filled coves and great flathead habitat in there,also lots of open water with creek/river channels that produce alot of fish. White rock creek feeds into the west end and you can go quite a distance up in there,with lots of standing submerged timber.

5. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
  6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hey guys an gals I wish you the best of luck an hope you can complete this gathering. Nothing more fun then getting a big group of BOC together.

7. flattymatty

flattymatty New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
  8. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Don I like your idea on this gathering.It would be great to get two states together for a gathering.

Like others have said it dont take much in Ks to get some BOC'ers to have a gathering.

Although I'm not sure where this lake is at but I think it's way out west.
    And I'm not sure how many of us will travel west of Milford..:eek:oooh::big_smile:

Now I'm not speaking for everyone it's just in the past most of our bigger gathering's have been from Milford east to Perry south to Melvern.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is location will be a big part/issues on this gathering.

9. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    They could come fish with us down here anytime we have a gathering.
    Just saying, y'know. Just a matter of who takes a long drive, I guess.

10. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    Tom, its 16 miles north of makato, ks, west of Bellvile about 35 miles, its out in the boonies for sure aprox 2900 acres, my map says aprox 160 miles from Topeka, I don't see any other lakes that are on the border RWG

11. nOct3rn4l

nOct3rn4l Member

State:
    Kansas
    Christy and I would go there for sure.

12. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Count me in! sounds like a trip.

13. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I like the idea, and you are more than welcome to come to any of our gatherings, but I have to drive far enough just to get to the ones we have.:embarassed:

14. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    That one wouldn't be too far from me, so depending on date, I'm interested.

15. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
  16. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I'm in don....but you allready knew that...maybe we can catch some down in kansas

17. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    FMB, well them fish gotta be somewhere,they must have went into hiding when they heard we were showing up!

To all Kansas members,wow you all are a great bunch,I love the enthusiastic response! I really hope to get a big two state group together,but no matter what I'm going to have to come down to a reg, kansas gathering and meet a bunch of you next year!

18. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Don we would love to have you come to one of our gatherings here in Ks and anyone that would like to come.

I really would like to see us get one that both Neb/Ks memebers would come to also.

I think it is set that our Mega gathering will be at Melvern each year which is about 50 miles south of Topeka.This is where we had it this year and it drew around 100,and everyone was pleased with the lake.

But we have had one mega at Milford which is not to far from the border.Its the largest lake in Ks and has some BIG blues in it.
    This would be a ideal place to have a two state gathering.Its central and to the north toward the neb line.

Lets keep the thought going on this event and maybe we can pull it together for next year somewhere.

And I hope after KU whips up on your cornhuskers that you will still want to come down here....:smile2::smile2::smile2:..Just kiddin!!

19. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

20. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    No you weren't! :big_smile::eek:oooh::smile2: